FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1789272-new-eupgrade-requirements-co-pay-lower-flex-fares.html)

yyznomad Jul 11, 2019 9:51 am

Originally Posted by zam (Post 31292684)
Hi. What class needs to be open for a PY upgrade to be cleared?

@zam

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30337744-post377.html

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30337744)
It clears into N, but the availability is not based on N.

Same as IKK. It clears into I or X, but availability is based on other factors.
Or upgrades from Latitude. It clears into R, but is based on P/Z availability.

As for what the availability is based on for PE upgrades, AFAIK, nobody has posted the official answer in this forum yet and it remains unknown* to us. Some have previously speculated that it could be something like if N>=2, but there is no hard proof on that.

* "unknown" could mean none of us here really don't know, or some of us do know but have chosen not to divulge this information here just yet, at least

CanadianMike Jul 13, 2019 12:10 pm

More of a general question... apologies if this is the wrong thread.

Any anecdotal info on success rates of E50k clearing an upgrade to J (or even PY) on YVR - YYZ and vice versa?

My assumption is there are too many E75 / 100's that it would be incredibly difficult on just about any flight / most days of the week but thought I'd reach out and ask if people have found a particular day of the week or flight which has less of the higher status PAX.

ffsim Jul 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by CanadianMike (Post 31299853)
Any anecdotal info on success rates of E50k clearing an upgrade to J (or even PY) on YVR - YYZ and vice versa?

Really depends on the flight and loads, but as an E50 I generally don’t count on my requests clearing on that route. I’ve had much more success on YUL-YVR if you can make the routing work.

embt Nov 25, 2019 4:29 pm

Question - Are eUpgrades no longer available from Standard?

I seem to recall reading... something... about eventually not being able to eUpgrade from a Standard Fare. But of course I don't remember any details or where I heard/read it. I haven't gotten an option to eUpgrade on checkin via the new app, I knew that was coming... But, have have they gotten rid of the ability to eUpgrade from standard fare altogether? Is this something that might come back after all the changes to the software/Aeroplan program are rolled out? Searching the AC website right now I can't find anything that address this clearly.

Thanks!

yyznomad Nov 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by embt (Post 31776559)
I seem to recall reading... something... about eventually not being able to eUpgrade from a Standard Fare. But of course I don't remember any details or where I heard/read it. I haven't gotten an option to eUpgrade on checkin via the new app, I knew that was coming... But, have have they gotten rid of the ability to eUpgrade from standard fare altogether? Is this something that might come back after all the changes to the software/Aeroplan program are rolled out? Searching the AC website right now I can't find anything that address this clearly.

Thanks!

Yes, it's still alive and kicking.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html

embt Nov 25, 2019 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31776567)

Oh thank you! So good through end of February next year... I wonder if they will extend it. Cheers!

codfather Nov 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by embt (Post 31776720)
Oh thank you! So good through end of February next year... I wonder if they will extend it. Cheers!

They have extended it for the past year and a half or so...

I would be shocked if they didn't, and I find it somewhat annoying how they don't just make it permanent at this point.

yyznomad Nov 25, 2019 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31776750)
They have extended it for the past year and a half or so...

I would be shocked if they didn't, and I find it somewhat annoying how they don't just make it permanent at this point.

More like extended for the past three years. :)

Agree should just make it permanent.

codfather Nov 25, 2019 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31776822)
More like extended for the past three years. :)

Agree should just make it permanent.

I was actually going to say higher than 1.5 years, but I opted to play it safe instead.

If we are being honest here, AC would be insane to cancel it given the additional revenue it has generated for them through co-pay.

Perhaps they think by keeping it as a promotion people will be more inclined to do it because it is "for a limited time."

mmggg Nov 25, 2019 7:58 pm

I'm curious if I'm interpreting things wrong or if this promotion actually makes things worse for me.

I have a Flex ticket in class A from Canada to the US. Per the eupgrade requirements page, it should be eligible for upgrade using 4 credits and $50 addon. The eUp website is quoting me $0 and 7 credits, which are the terms under this promotion. I'd much rather spend $50 and keep my credits. Is this possible at all, or am I misinterpreting the chart?

yyznomad Nov 25, 2019 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by mmggg (Post 31777085)
I'm curious if I'm interpreting things wrong or if this promotion actually makes things worse for me.

I have a Flex ticket in class A from Canada to the US. Per the eupgrade requirements page, it should be eligible for upgrade using 4 credits and $50 addon. The eUp website is quoting me $0 and 7 credits, which are the terms under this promotion. I'd much rather spend $50 and keep my credits. Is this possible at all, or am I misinterpreting the chart?

That is "eUpgrades Starting At" so it's not "4+$50" for all domestic/transborder destinations under the normal requirements for Flex A.

(but regardless, the current promotion takes priority - you can't select which scheme to go under)

hydrogen Dec 1, 2019 8:03 am

Does anyone know how to access the old preview of how much an upgrade will cost?
The new tool doesn't let me plug in a route and calculate how many credits it takes to upgrade

YYT82 Dec 1, 2019 8:05 am

Originally Posted by hydrogen (Post 31792703)
Does anyone know how to access the old preview of how much an upgrade will cost?
The new tool doesn't let me plug in a route and calculate how many credits it takes to upgrade

No, it's been #Amadeused .

King Chung Huang Dec 1, 2019 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by hydrogen (Post 31792703)

I was just looking for this today, and also couldn't find it. I also can't find the tables saying how many credits for the different distances. Just a "starting at" number of credits for the shortest distances.

the6_ Dec 8, 2019 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang (Post 31794747)
I was just looking for this today, and also couldn't find it. I also can't find the tables saying how many credits for the different distances. Just a "starting at" number of credits for the shortest distances.

Same here. And maybe it’s just me, but I can’t figure out credit requirements to upgrade from PY to J either.

Next year will be my first year with status at 35K. I keep reading that YVR-YYZ is a tough route to upgrade. What about SFO-YYZ - anyone have experience? I flew paid J on that route last week on the red-eye and it was full but not sure if that’s the norm. I usually fly Flex it sometimes PY.