Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Current eUpgrade Promotion for eUpgrade Requests Made Until June 30, 2020

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/special-offers/eupgrade-offer.html

Upgrades to Business Class

US

Europe/Middle East/South America

Asia/Australia
Upgrades to Premium Economy

US (This is the only promotion for Premium Economy at this time)

Print Wikipost

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by salvatorexiang
Thanks for the reply. So I guess. MAG is included in the 28 booked seats?
Yes.
salvatorexiang and 5mm like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Actually, the folks whose names currently appear on the list have checked in, and have requested an upgrade. The green check means they are confirmed for the upgrade, and included in the list of 28 booked.

There could be others on the upgrade list, above and below you, confirmed or not, but you don't see them on this list because they have not checked in yet.

There could also be crew confirmed in J and not included in the booked list. Sometimes you will see the list of checked in exceeds the list of booked.
salvatorexiang likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by canopus27

Keep in mind that the app only shows people on the upgrade list who have checked in. You're at the top of the list for now, but it's quite possible that there are numerous others on the list who just haven't checked in yet.

You'll have a better sense when you get to the airport, and most people have checked in. At this point I suspect that they won't process the upgrade list until the flight has closed ... 45 mins prior to departure. If you're still in the top two at that point, then they will page you at the gate with the good news.
I hate to say this, but once flight time approaches and more people check in, you may watch yourself sink slowly down the list. Been there, done that, unfortunately, and in some respects it's a misunderstanding I had about the list. It is not in fact a complete list that you can figure out from the get-go. It leads you along (oh, I'm top of the list) and then slowly lets you down. But PY looks better - you may end up with that as the consolation prize.
salvatorexiang likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by fin 645
I hate to say this, but once flight time approaches and more people check in, you may watch yourself sink slowly down the list. Been there, done that, unfortunately, and in some respects it's a misunderstanding I had about the list. It is not in fact a complete list that you can figure out from the get-go. It leads you along (oh, I'm top of the list) and then slowly lets you down. But PY looks better - you may end up with that as the consolation prize.
Thanks ! I will not expect too many SE flying out of PEK ? Lol If J upgrade doesn't work out, will they put me to PY? My tango fare seems not allowed to PY upgrade. I am 50k if that matters....
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ridefar
And they are?
Positive space.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Now extended to March 31, 2019 for eUpgrade requests.

There might have been a recent new thread started on this here, but I'll reuse this master eUpgrade (you know, the perpetual one) promo thread...

Now extended to March 31, 2019.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html

Originally Posted by https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/special-offers/eupgrade-offer.html
For a limited time, take advantage of our exclusive eUpgrade promotion^ on eligible fares, which includes the waiver of Add-ons for Flex fares for travel within Canada and between Canada and the U.S. Plus, dont miss the opportunity to request an upgrade from Standard (previously Tango) fares.These limited-time offers are valid for eUpgrade requests made between March 2, 2019 and March 31, 2019.,

To determine the booking window for Premium Rouge for flights within North America, including flights to Sun destinations, please reference charts in the Upgrades to Business Class section. For upgrades to international destinations, including Europe, South America, and Asia, please reference charts in the Upgrades to Premium Economy section.

Just make sure you are within your applicable booking window.
(I've also created a wiki so that others not aware of this ongoing promotion don't have to dig through this thread)

Last edited by yyznomad; Mar 11, 2019 at 6:17 pm
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
There might have been a recent new thread started on this here, but I'll reuse this master eUpgrade (you know, the perpetual one) promo thread...

Now extended to March 31, 2019.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html

(I've also created a wiki so that others not aware of this ongoing promotion don't have to dig through this thread)
Thanks! This answers a question I had on a Flex L domestic eupgrade where I was charged 11 credits and no co-pay and I couldnt figure out why it wasnt 10 credits + $125.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Upgrading X to PE with the current promotion

Planning to take advantage of this eUp promo with an AP X booking into PY, with the ability to do so only at check-in.

If at OLCI the option to use eUpgrades for PY does not appear, can I request this with a check-in agent on the day of the flight? My current understanding is that, yes, I can do this with a check-in agent if it's not offered at OLCI.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:00 am

You should be okay, but it's been so long since I upgraded from X that I can't recall how I did it.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Planning to take advantage of this eUp promo with an AP X booking into PY, with the ability to do so only at check-in.

If at OLCI the option to use eUpgrades for PY does not appear, can I request this with a check-in agent on the day of the flight? My current understanding is that, yes, I can do this with a check-in agent if it's not offered at OLCI.
I'd think so. But why not just call the central concierge line to request the upgrade? (or e-mail the concierge team at your departure airport)
Old May 1, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'd think so. But why not just call the central concierge line to request the upgrade? (or e-mail the concierge team at your departure airport)
Because he's E75K
Old May 1, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I normally would, if I were still Super Elite.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Because he's E75K
Fair point. It never occured to me that the infamous yyznomad may no longer have SE status.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:44 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Fair point. It never occured to me that the infamous yyznomad may no longer have SE status.
Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should be okay, but it's been so long since I upgraded from X that I can't recall how I did it.
As a followup, worked like a charm and was first on the list and got the upgrade.

Because he's E75K
I think people here are more shocked than I am. There have been intermittent years where I've been a FOTSG.

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Oh how the mighty have fallen.
expert7700 and canadiancow like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.