Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Current eUpgrade Promotion for eUpgrade Requests Made Until June 30, 2020

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/special-offers/eupgrade-offer.html

Upgrades to Business Class

US

Europe/Middle East/South America

Asia/Australia
Upgrades to Premium Economy

US (This is the only promotion for Premium Economy at this time)

Print Wikipost

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94

Why does the order of classes in each option change between fare classes? Flex lists HMU whereas Comfort list MUH like normal. Is H>M in one and M>H in another? The low classes change order around too.
It all looks "streamlined" and "enhanced" to me.

(I meant, "streamlined complexity" and "enhanced complexity")

Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It all looks "streamlined" and "enhanced" to me.

(I meant, "streamlined complexity" and "enhanced complexity")

Right. And if one was to buy a market fare AP award in class A it’d be subject to A rules or X rules? I’m guessing it depends upon the agent as you have zero chance be of the website working.

It certainly does seem an improvement, for the next few months. Or maybe it’ll continue for years like the last eUp promotion. Maybe AC realize copay for Flex was an error :O
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
LOL THEY MADE IT 11 just to screw with us
Also is this finally an admission that Branded fare product launch have been a complete dumpster fire?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

Right. And if one was to buy a market fare AP award in class A it’d be subject to A rules or X rules? I’m guessing it depends upon the agent as you have zero chance be of the website working.

It certainly does seem an improvement, for the next few months. Or maybe it’ll continue for years like the last eUp promotion. Maybe AC realize copay for Flex was an error :O
Guess I’ll find out in July. I booked an award (DCA-YYZ-YVR) for 12,450...it was the only price offered for this routing in Y. Odd for just 50 AE miles. So it’s booked in Tango-A. Not sure if I will be able to upgrade this at 10-days out (as per normal Tango-A) or at check-in (as per X booking class) or at all. Since my check-in will be at DCA with contract staff they may be as confused as I am. And will I have pay the co-pay?

Was pleased to see the removal of the co-pay from most revenue classes. Bought a Flex L fare return YVR-YYZ for $40 more than the available Standard fare. Standard L would require at least $150 co-pay. 777 wide open in J (J9s, only three seats taken on the map).
monkai likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Guess I’ll find out in July. I booked an award (DCA-YYZ-YVR) for 12,450...it was the only price offered for this routing in Y. Odd for just 50 AE miles. So it’s booked in Tango-A.
There are two tabs that display on the Aeroplan Search Results screen. It just defaults to the one with the lowest mileage option, but the Classic option is always there.

Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
There are two tabs that display on the Aeroplan Search Results screen. It just defaults to the one with the lowest mileage option, but the Classic option is always there.
That's not strictly true. It doesn't seem to take IKK into account, so it will offer me 400k options when I can book a 50k option.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by ChrisA330

Made my booking using the Aeroplan app so it didn't display the Classic or Market boxes, nor highlight the "deal", just displayed flights and costs. But thanks for displaying this.
Old May 3, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
I've read through all the eupgrade threads and haven't found an answer to this particular question: How exactly does the eupgrade option "Don't want to upgrade all passengers?" work? (It's a red link directly under the passenger names on the eupgrade page.)

Here's my situation: 2 pax (self and spouse) with same status (E50) travelling on 1 PNR. R Space is available. Each pax only has enough eups in their account to upgrade 1 pax. Is it possible for each pax to upgrade themselves on the same PNR using the above option?

I just want to make sure that if one of us upgrades, the PNR won't somehow "lock out" the other from upgrading. It's either both of us or neither.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by kenlor
I've read through all the eupgrade threads and haven't found an answer to this particular question: How exactly does the eupgrade option "Don't want to upgrade all passengers?" work? (It's a red link directly under the passenger names on the eupgrade page.)

Here's my situation: 2 pax (self and spouse) with same status (E50) travelling on 1 PNR. R Space is available. Each pax only has enough eups in their account to upgrade 1 pax. Is it possible for each pax to upgrade themselves on the same PNR using the above option?

I just want to make sure that if one of us upgrades, the PNR won't somehow "lock out" the other from upgrading. It's either both of us or neither.
I believe that option will divide the PNR and then each pax can upgrade separately.
ffsim and kenlor like this.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Thanks D582, appreciated!
Old May 22, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Last minute upfare at Check-In to avoid Co-Pay on E-Upgrade?

Hi everyone, first time poster.

I searched for this but could not find the answer.

I'm a SE and travelling with wife and son (wife is eupgrade nominee). They have purchased T fares, and I'd like to try to use eupgrades and know I will have to pay the co-pay.

However, if I upfare the T to Flex, then there is no co-pay (upfare is currently cheaper than the co-pay). The question is whether I can do this at the counter after I determine the likelihood of an upgrade? I don't want to upfare if I can't get the upgrade.

Any other advice to give?

Thanks for the help!
Foftravel
Old May 22, 2018, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@Foftravel , welcome to FT.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Foftravel
Hi everyone, first time poster.

I searched for this but could not find the answer.

I'm a SE and travelling with wife and son (wife is eupgrade nominee). They have purchased T fares, and I'd like to try to use eupgrades and know I will have to pay the co-pay.

However, if I upfare the T to Flex, then there is no co-pay (upfare is currently cheaper than the co-pay). The question is whether I can do this at the counter after I determine the likelihood of an upgrade? I don't want to upfare if I can't get the upgrade.

Any other advice to give?

Thanks for the help!
Foftravel
The issue is by the time you get to the counter the upfare cost will be huge as prices that close to flight departure are significantly higher.

As a SE you should be looking to eUp 14 (?) days out. Not waiting until checkin. Is your flight within that window? If you post date, time and route some here may know the chance of their being R space.

Are you planning to upfare to low or high Flex, or lat?
Old May 23, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan

The issue is by the time you get to the counter the upfare cost will be huge as prices that close to flight departure are significantly higher.

As a SE you should be looking to eUp 14 (?) days out. Not waiting until checkin. Is your flight within that window? If you post date, time and route some here may know the chance of their being R space.

Are you planning to upfare to low or high Flex, or lat?
Thanks for the info. I think I am about 14 days from the first leg. Do you know what happens if I request eUpgrades now with the T fare, and then decide to upfare tomorrow. Would I have to re-request the eUpgrade to 'eliminate the co-pay', or will the system recognize that I've switched fares and should not pay the co-pay?

I'm looking at two flight segments:

AC 8 07JUN 4 HKGYVR 1935 1625
AC 15 15JUN 5 YYZHKG 1000 1325 16JUN 6

If there was a reasonable chance of an upgrade, I was planning to upfare to the lowest Flex available.

Foftravel
Old May 23, 2018, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Foftravel
I'm looking at two flight segments:

AC 8 07JUN 4 HKGYVR 1935 1625
AC 15 15JUN 5 YYZHKG 1000 1325 16JUN 6

If there was a reasonable chance of an upgrade, I was planning to upfare to the lowest Flex available.

Foftravel
International is T-7 days out for SE. jc94 was referring to the current north america promo for SEs at 14 days out. (you weren't clear on what your itin was)
People who can check EF for you will let you know the R avail.
jc94 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.