Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Air Canada- how to read

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer and Air Canada- how to read

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Erome
Its for YVR-YXE Aug 22nd

SE 100k, on flight pass (M fare)
What cow said.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:51 am

I want to book an award flight from YVR or YYC to LHR in business. Should I be looking for I class? The EF description "Business - Award & Alliance Partner Upgrades" is confusing to me. Is that only for upgrades?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I want to book an award flight from YVR or YYC to LHR in business. Should I be looking for I class? The EF description "Business - Award & Alliance Partner Upgrades" is confusing to me. Is that only for upgrades?
Yes, you want I class.

It is also used for Star Alliance upgrades.
Kent Wang likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:38 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
If you happen to have Super Elite status, you can also search for R space as that can usually be used to book Priority Rewards.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:34 am

It seems that Air Canada is gone from ExpertFlyer search site. Anyone knows why?

I know that AC just relaunched their loyalty program. Perhaps this migration also affected AC award availability and access to it?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ijakov
It seems that Air Canada is gone from ExpertFlyer search site. Anyone knows why?

I know that AC just relaunched their loyalty program. Perhaps this migration also affected AC award availability and access to it?
GDS and loyalty programs are two different things. I suspect this is a temporary glitch.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I spoke with an AC agent tonight... He indicated that visibility of actual availability (on Expertflyer and/or the AC website) may appear and disappear temporarily while Air Canada is working on the schedule (ie cancelling flights and rebooking all those cancelled PAX on new flights)..

I am seeing AC availability on Expertflyer right now.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 2:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
And another note that using EF to gauge the load factor, especially more than a day or so out, is not particularly useful.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:31 am

this is what I have just found on EF site

'Due to the launch of the new Aeroplan program, AC Award inventory is temporarily unavailable.'

looks like it is linked to the new loyalty program launch. Let's hope it will come back soon.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:13 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by ijakov

Air Canada has been temporarily removed from the Award & Upgrade search page due to the launch of the new Aeroplan program. I & X class are currently unavailable however the R, P, Z, & N classes are still viewable via the Flight Availability search and alerts for them will still work.
LondonElite and Adam Smith like this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Air Canada has been temporarily removed from the Award & Upgrade search page due to the launch of the new Aeroplan program. I & X class are currently unavailable however the R, P, Z, & N classes are still viewable via the Flight Availability search and alerts for them will still work.
Regular N is not useful for award or upgrades. Upgrade N is not the same as revenue N, and this has caused confusion in the past.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 2:03 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Regular N is not useful for award or upgrades. Upgrade N is not the same as revenue N, and this has caused confusion in the past.
Nothing has changed, the N shown in the A&U search was always the same as the one in the Flight Availability search.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 2:10 pm

Nothing has changed, the N shown in the A&U search was always the same as the one in the Flight Availability search.
And that has always been incorrect.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:48 am

Thanks. Any insight as to when award availability could be seen again?
Old Nov 13, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
Is there even a distinction on EF anymore for award flights since they book into the regular fare buckets? Wouldn't it simply be the normal fare classes that are shown and as long as there is space in a fare bucket, there is award space?
Nitehawk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.