Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUpgrade threshold credits slow to post

Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K, AC*MM, Marriott Platinum Elite

An AC concierge (phone agent) told me yesterday that they have heard multiple complaints (including mine) that threshold eUpgrade credits are not posting quickly lately.

For me, I crossed the threshold with a flight 8 days ago, and the miles posted 5 days ago. The bar charts on the AC Altitude site shows I have crossed the threshold, but the credits haven't posted yet.

I had planned to upgrade an upcoming SYD-YVR flight that was at R5 when the 7-day window opened but is now at R0. The flight is still J9 so I remain hopeful, but I'm irritated at the uncertainty.

The concierge confirmed that Aeroplan is still responsible for posting the eUpgrade credits back to AC -- interesting! I would have guessed that the eUps were entirely run by AC but I guess not.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Took 10 days for my 90K threshold to show up.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by sram
Took 10 days for my 90K threshold to show up.
There's no eupgrade tier at 90K.

60K, 80K, 100K, 140K, etc.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
eUpgrade thresholds have always been slow to post.

Similar complaints have been posted here on FT ever since eUps were introduced!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K, AC*MM, Marriott Platinum Elite
Thanks for the feedback... I had seen really rapid posting up till now, typically within 24 hrs.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by CanRulez
There's no eupgrade tier at 90K.

60K, 80K, 100K, 140K, etc.
Sorry, your right, my 80K, I got a $150 AMEX gift card at 90K. I was confusing the credit with the gift.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sweden05
The concierge confirmed that Aeroplan is still responsible for posting the eUpgrade credits back to AC -- interesting! I would have guessed that the eUps were entirely run by AC but I guess not.
Not to detract from the main issue, but I don't entirely trust this statement, nor would I expect a concierge to know this.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Here's my recent data on threshold eUps. I crossed 60K on a flight on July 3rd. That probably posted around July 7th (4 days seems to be the usual time for AC flights on my travels). eUp history suggests the credits were in my account on July 9th.

Crossed 80K with a flight on July 25th. Not sure when things posted (it was an AC-NH-UA-AC itinerary flown 21st-25th), but credits were deposited on the 30th.

So, at least for me, this problem doesn't seem to be there.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Not to detract from the main issue, but I don't entirely trust this statement, nor would I expect a concierge to know this.
Yes, it would seem very odd for Aeroplan to handle eUps in any way. If Aeroplan were late posting the AQM, sure, that could cause a delay in crediting eUps, but otherwise? I hope AC's not outsourcing that to AE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.