Wiki Posts
Search

On My Way

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan 50K
On My Way

I tried to buy On my way for a flight already booked for October. Here is the message I got:

Maple Leaf Lounge | Meal vouchers | On My Way
There are no new add-ons available for your booking. Your booking can't be enhanced any further. (15221)

I called and the agent got the same message and didn't know why.

Any suggestions?

Thx
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Whats your flight to?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
What's your routing? AFAIK On My Way can only be added to domestic or transborder itineraries.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:35 am
Original Poster

YYZ-SFO
I thought OMY was available.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mlbmlb
YYZ-SFO
I thought OMY was available.
Yep, it should be. Maybe it's only actually available at time of purchase despite what the "manage my bookings" screen says...

Who knows
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by ffsim
Yep, it should be. Maybe it's only actually available at time of purchase despite what the "manage my bookings" screen says...

Who knows
Not so. I added it to a LGA-YYZ-XXX/XXX-YYZ-LGA that I booked months ago, just last week. (Yes, I still chose LGA over EWR even with the current gridlock mess at LGA... I'll probably regret it.)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by D404
Not so. I added it to a LGA-YYZ-XXX/XXX-YYZ-LGA that I booked months ago, just last week. (Yes, I still chose LGA over EWR even with the current gridlock mess at LGA... I'll probably regret it.)
I don't blame you. Normally when I fly in to New York, flying to EWR would be a traffic mess getting to downtown, so I just suck it up and fly LGA
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
The "manage my bookings" screen would also not let me change seat selection.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:35 am

Is this code-share operated by another airline?

Is the flight booked under another airline's prefix and flight no. but code-share operated by AC?

Flight Pass? Not sure the current status, in the past, OMW was not available to FP. One could not even pre-purchase BOB voucher with FP.

Last edited by Clipper801; Aug 29, 2016 at 8:38 am
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:55 am
Original Poster

This is what the website says:

How to purchase On My Way:
The On My Way service can only be purchased on aircanada.com 96 hours or more before your flight. Here’s how:

At time of booking:
Select the On My Way option when choosing travel options after you have made your flight selection.

If you have already completed your booking:
Go to the Manage my Bookings page, retrieve your flight booking, and you’ll have the option to add the On My Way service at any time 96 hours or more before your flight.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I added On My Way to 2 previously booked flights from Toronto to the U.S. for my husband just last week.

He is flying Air Canada. No issues in booking on-line
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

I am trying to add it to flights weeks away from YYZ -Seatac And YYZ-SFO. Says no add- ons. Will see if I can get another agent by phone.
There is clearly a glitch in the system.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:57 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by D404
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I don't blame you. Normally when I fly in to New York, flying to EWR would be a traffic mess getting to downtown, so I just suck it up and fly LGA
I think it depends on where in NY you want to go. If you're downtown Manhattan, the driving time is a bit more equal. But for midtown or farther north, I'd far rather be at LGA than EWR.

That being said, if you're not SE, I'd say OMY is a good thing out of LGA. Seems every time I'm through there, I wind up needing help from the concierges because a flight is delayed or cancelled or something like that. Otherwise I might be misconnecting in YYZ, getting stuck for the night in LGA or YYZ, etc.

If just flying LGA-YYZ, I wouldn't be too fussed about it, but with onward connections, OMY would well be a huge help.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
For a while I was flying YUL-LGA fairly regularly, outbound in the AM and return in the PM after a day of meetings in NYC. The last flight out of LGA was delayed or cancelled more often than not. If you don't have other travel insurance or a company policy that allows you to get a hotel room, then OMW might be useful, I agree.

(Side note: I know this is slightly off topic, but I generally preferred EWR because I could take the train into Manhattan and bypass the gridlock. With the construction at EWR I stopped flying there as much, so I haven't been in a while. But overall I found that NJ Transit was much more efficient than any taxi to get into town. I'd just transfer to the subway from there and never worry about traffic. Just my $0.02.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.