Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ gates F90-93

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

YYZ gates F90-93

Had a flight from YYZ to BNA on Tuesday morning,9amish.
The number of flights departing from these gates at similar time, from a compressed boarding area, is awful.
I watched a fella with a wheelchair have to get out of his chair and very slowly move to his gate. Felt very badly for him, he managed but sheesh. There were so many people, everything was clogged
up. People had all available seats taken, standing room only. It was jammed.

Zone boarding, nice try. Try again. Gate agents asking for customers to present themselves at gate for new seating, BPs or Standby issues. Good luck
All aircraft leaving from those gates were the Barbie RJs with 50 seat capacity.
Not sure what the occupancy levels are in that area but this was plain/plane nasty.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My favorite was November 27 2015, flying YYZ-ROC.

At check-in, I asked how many people were on the flight (the seat map was empty, so I was curious). The agent thought it was a strange question, but said "Oh, only you".

I got to the gate around T-20, and went up, and asked if they'd started boarding the Rochester flight. "Not yet. I'll call you when it's your turn, Mr. Kennedy." Sure enough, he did. First on, last on. The skycheck cart wasn't even necessary.

I had a nice chat with the FO too.

And since I was doing an immediate turn, I only had a laptop bag with me. There was a loud "There are ZERO bags?" from the captain, prior to departure.

I like those gates
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow

At check-in, I asked how many people were on the flight (the seat map was empty, so I was curious). The agent thought it was a strange question, but said "Oh, only you".

I got to the gate around T-20, and went up, and asked if they'd started boarding the Rochester flight. "Not yet. I'll call you when it's your turn, Mr. Kennedy." Sure enough, he did. First on, last on. The skycheck cart wasn't even necessary.

And since I was doing an immediate turn, I only had a laptop bag with me. There was a loud "There are ZERO bags?" from the captain, prior to departure.

I like those gates
have had the flight over and back from Syracuse as well. Curtain open,visual landing and I am seated right behind the co-pilot ^
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
That whole wing is tight, no golf carts can get through so if you have difficulty you have to slowly walk down the narrow passage.

We flew out of there last week to YYZ-CLE and it was congested!
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: Air Canada E50K, VIPorter, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, Fairmont Prez Club, Hyatt Gold, Nexus
Originally Posted by canadiancow

I like those gates
Flying YYZ-ROC and back shortly hope I get your luck
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
That whole wing is tight, no golf carts can get through so if you have difficulty you have to slowly walk down the narrow passage.

We flew out of there last week to YYZ-CLE and it was congested!
Those gates are a disgrace of planning. And of course the walk to the plane is not necessarily a short stroll either.

Maybe those in the know could answer: most flights (every flight?) operated from there are regionals (including UA regionals). Do they get shoved there by the majors or is there some element they control?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
was there last week for BNA...horrible in every way. And the GA decided to lecture us all that if we don't turn and go outside to the plane...we will walk all the way back to Canadian Customs. Really?! is this needed?....and there was a rope barrier to prevent. I swear they don't listen to themselves sometimes....
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
I was there for the evening YYZ-BNA flight a week ago and it was a zoo. Many evening flights depart around the same time.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I think everyone forgets the time we were bused to an infield terminal.

That was even less ideal.

I think those gates were always meant to be temporary when they decide to build the next hammerhead. Then I would assume it will be like the Canadian regional area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.