Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC saver J award flights to DEL? Or only *A?

AC saver J award flights to DEL? Or only *A?

Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Excellent, thanks. Sounds like a good strategy.

Another question: my understanding was that a large co-pay/fuel surcharge would apply if I flew certain *A airlines ... but that if I flew LX, TK, UA, or AC the charges would be modest. But when I checked a few AC routings just now, there appeared to be massive co-payments in every case.

Of course it is very possible I was doing something wrong! Roughly what should I expect the co-pay on a round-trip BOS<>DEL award to be? How about on two one-way awards instead?
Anything longhaul in AC, LH, OS, TG will be $1000+
TK, AI, UA, LX will be just tax.

The website won't give you all routings, it prefers the ones with heavy surcharges, even if more than half the route is in economy

Build your own route by segment. And call in to book.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Anything longhaul in AC, LH, OS, TG will be $1000+
TK, AI, UA, LX will be just tax.
Astonishing. How can AC justify making their own metal the most expensive to fly on an award? And not by a little, but by a lot? Makes me appreciate UA MileagePlus all the more.

I guess that settles it: we'll use the AC miles for TK, AI, UA, or LX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.