Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Express oversold voucher offer 800.00 to any 3 pax on YYZ/YSB flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AC Express were offering 800.00 to any 3 pax on the YYZ/YSB 7pm flight on Thursday past. Also included a hotel , and meal vouchers. Flight was oversold.
They started announcing at 45 minutes pre flight time. 2nd announcement said voucher transferable as well as "you could use funds to go to fun places like Barcelona and Newark

They had me at Barcelona, lost me at Newark.

Long story short, 11 misconnects coming off YVR flight(some did make it) and we left with 6 empty seats
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100K | 54,361 AQM | HH Diamond
I'm not entirely sure what criteria has to be met, but I'm fairly certain that when they get up to 800$ you can actually push them to give it to you in cash.

I did this after volunteering to be bumped on a YQR-YYZ flight. They gave me a receipt and about 2 weeks later I got a cheque in the mail. They also rebooked my on a flight that left just 2 hours later so I considered that a pretty good hourly rate.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I would've been jumping. $800 gratis even for travel on AC? Easily could've just taken the money and driven if it was really critical to get home that day.

I wish i was put in more of these situations
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
We received $800 cash once during February break, between YVR and YYC.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:25 am

My best was $1,200 from Orlando to Ottawa, early 2014, on a Rouge flight no less. They started at $300 then kept trying, and I couldn't keep my ... in my seat at the gate when they offered $1,200.

Key factor was an extreme cold snap that canceled a couple of flights, resulting in some rather oversold flights. I ended up getting home 12 hours later, and as it was -30 when I arrived, it wasn't like I appreciated the trouble to get me there.

D out
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Orlando to Ottawa is a 20h drive though, YYZ to YSB is only about 5h.

Don't get me wrong $1200 is a great deal esp. if they also included a hotel and meal vouchers (aren't they normally $5-10?). But these prices make no sense based on the flight costs and distances.

I'd be jumping at either: "Yeah sorry boss I got bumped off the plane and will be taking tomorrow morning off"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.