Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You AC Cabin Crew!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Thank You AC Cabin Crew!

While some here post thanks in various threads, I think it is worth having one to thank the Air Canada Cabin Crew.

Since privacy is important, I will not post names, just flights.

While we know the in-flight experiences are not always perfect or consistent - for many reasons - I would like to thank a few of the recent crews I've flown with.

A great crew will make all the difference on any flight, and for me, most especially the long-haul international ones.

So........Thanks SDs and FAs. You know who you are:

AC 15 to HKG - December 2015

AC 872 to FRA - March 2016

AC 856 to LHR - April 2016

AC 15 to HKG - July 2016

OUTSTANDING!

Last edited by 24left; Aug 4, 2016 at 5:50 pm Reason: grammar
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Nice idea. There's far too much complaining on this board about AC's in-flight staff, who I usually find to be friendly and professional, so I think it's nice to try to make an effort to recognise when things go really well.

I'd like to thank the crews on AC851 LHR to YYC 18/7 and AC9 YYC to NRT 21/7 (one of whom was on both flights with me).

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 4, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Great idea... will post in future. I have had some great pleasant and professional SD's and FA's (as well as some not. The positive needs noting too.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Thanks to the crew on 123 today. The SD went out of his way to ensure I felt welcome and the FA never walked by me without giving me a great smile and asking if there was anything else I needed. The 2 of them made an excellent team.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thanks to the crew of AC869 on May 2, 2016... I ate my fluffy, cheesy omelette and we had a happy landing.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: SE100K - Air Canada, WestJet Gold
Had a great crew recently on a PLH domestic route. The FA working the cabin was great. The IFSD let me know that it was her first J flight. Was very pleased with her attention to service.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Thanks SD on AC 621 YHZ to YYZ yesterday August 4.

I was seated in J. The SD went out of his way to help clean up after I accidentally spilled some wine causing quite a splash.

Thanks to the captain and crew. The landing was smooth, and flight arrived early.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
SD on AC549 Aug 4th was great - dealt with about 6 kids in the J cabin with an awesome attitude as well as just giving great service to everyone around.

(I actually sent my first ever note to Ben Smith about that)
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
I've been saying it for years ... beat me up all you want between booking and boarding, but if I have a good cabin crew on the flight, it's all forgotten. Airline management should take very good care of their cabin crew, they ARE your airline's face to the world.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
I would LOVE to be able to give a thank you to a cabin crew. Unfortunately until an AC crew member treats its economy passengers as human beings as opposed to specks of inconvenient dirt on the bottom of their shoes, that'll never happen.

Massive props to the Aeroplan agent who saved my flights to TLV that time after a schedule change, and to the wonderful AC ground staff who sorted me out at YYZ last year after re-routing and delays. In both cases, I took the time to write a letter to customer feedback with the employee's name and ID to give them extra thanks for their service. Unfortunately, those times stand out because they're the ONLY times in my hundred-and-something (and counting) times of flying AC that anyone has ever been memorably nice or helpful.

On the other hand, a half dozen other airlines, including WestJet and Porter, regularly treat me very nicely whenever I fly regular old economy. I'm not expecting perks or luxuries. But politeness, courtesy and smiles are all free.

The truth is, you can't judge an airline by how it treats only its elite passengers. As the saying goes, "It is the way one treats his inferiors more than the way he treats his equals which reveals one’s real character."

(It doesn't escape my notice that I'm about to get flamed for this post, probably by the very same people who think that their elite status or the fact that they rack up a zillion points flying on business somehow makes them morally superior to everyone else. And to them I'll just say that steerage on this ship is the best I've ever seen; hardly any rats.)
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@segacs

You can post whatever suits you. If you thought you'd get flamed, then why did you post the criticism in a thread called Thank You AC Cabin Crew! ?

Anyway, unless one is living in a cave somewhere, everyone knows there are cranky crews just like there are cranky people.

That said, it was nice to read how other AC employees really helped you.

As for steerage, I think you really don't know all FTers or all FFs or all flyers who aren't in either group. Also, you assume everyone here ONLY flies up front. You really should get out and meet more of us. I buy Tango, Flex, PE and J on AC. It all depends. And I've had some great FAs "in the back of the bus".

Cheer up. Maybe you'll get to enjoy the same experiences one day.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left
@segacs

You can post whatever suits you. If you thought you'd get flamed, then why did you post the criticism in a thread called Thank You AC Cabin Crew! ?
THIS. Thanks for trying to be positive on FT for a change to the regular programming on here.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by 24left
@segacs

Balance? Perspective? A false sense of hope that it might actually change things? Some combination of the three? Take your pick.

I don't want to take anything away from the positive experiences you've all had with friendly cabin crews in J. I'm just pointing out that if those experiences are ONLY in J, there's a problem somewhere.

But hey, maybe a bunch of people will post here about the great experiences they've had with awesome cabin crews in economy. I'm all for encouraging the happy stories.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by segacs
Balance? Perspective? A false sense of hope that it might actually change things? Some combination of the three? Take your pick.

I don't want to take anything away from the positive experiences you've all had with friendly cabin crews in J. I'm just pointing out that if those experiences are ONLY in J, there's a problem somewhere.

But hey, maybe a bunch of people will post here about the great experiences they've had with awesome cabin crews in economy. I'm all for encouraging the happy stories.
I've had great flights in economy class on Air Canada. I've had IFSD and FA's remember my name etc. I've had rules bent as well.

Actually. On a domestic flight recently the IFSD remembered my name without looking at the passenger list and shook my hand.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by misapply
THIS. Thanks for trying to be positive on FT for a change to the regular programming on here.
Agreed. I thought the thread title was obvious but apparently not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.