Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You AC Cabin Crew!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by segacs
....But hey, maybe a bunch of people will post here about the great experiences they've had with awesome cabin crews in economy. I'm all for encouraging the happy stories.

Well, a couple of things:

1. The thread title is "Thank You AC Cabin Crew!"
No one is stopping you from thanking caring crew in whichever cabin

2. You can always start a thread called "Thank You AC Cabin Crew Who Serve those of us in the cheap seats" or some such. Be creative, have fun!

Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by misapply
Actually. On a domestic flight recently the IFSD remembered my name without looking at the passenger list and shook my hand.
I've definitely had a few of those on boarding. I'm more surprised that I can see one SD three times in a week, and then never again

I'd like to thank Andy, the Jazz FA, on July 5 on AC 8584, AC 8296, and AC 8349. He addressed me by name (this was a Q400, so this really stands out), was extremely helpful with connection information, and even proactively offered the fact that the connection was the same aircraft, so not to worry.

Also to all the other Jazz FAs who were awesome during EYW. You definitely know who you are.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've definitely had a few of those on boarding. I'm more surprised that I can see one SD three times in a week, and then never again

I'd like to thank Andy, the Jazz FA, on July 5 on AC 8584, AC 8296, and AC 8349. He addressed me by name (this was a Q400, so this really stands out), was extremely helpful with connection information, and even proactively offered the fact that the connection was the same aircraft, so not to worry.

Also to all the other Jazz FAs who were awesome during EYW. You definitely know who you are.
Jazz FAs ^
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Hey! There's a thread of this now!

Thank you to the SD Marc on AC167 today. Despite the E90's being moved to 2Fa's he managed to provide amazing service!
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:05 am

Had a great flight up on AC8562 (small cabin crew of 1) last Monday, it was great to see someone who still clearly loved her job after many years doing it. Being in a service/professional industry myself, I know that can be a hard task some days.

I fly mostly in Y for work and honestly, whether Jazz, Rouge, or AC proper, I don't think I can say I've ever had an outright rude FA. But I'm a strong believer in attitude-in-attitude-out, so if it's friendly, cheerful behaviour I want, that's what I give. And even if I'm not getting that, so long as it is not deliberately rude (and it never has been), I just think of the hundreds of cranky people they must have had to deal with to get that way that day.

But then I don't tend to get worked up about half the "service" issues that every one else seems to and I am certainly never looking for wait staff on board an airplane. I want them to get me safely off the plane if it is going down. To me, that is their job. Full stop. The rest is pure gravy.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
A great AC549 flight a couple days back. Despite using the service tray almost exclusively except when distributing the trays, remembered table cloth, remembered my name, and had an awesome chat as usual. The rest stays in the air.

It's amazing what 2 people can do for the entire 788 J cabin, if they try. It was very clear this experienced SD cares. SD S.R., you have already received my compliments via AC.com. (an almost bi-weekly occurrence I should note)
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Round trip to ICN. Wonderful crew one way, indifferent the other way.

Food was surprisingly good both ways though. A reasonably pink steak when I asked. A John Dory (apparently in French it's St. Peter...) the other way; was not overly dry which talking about AC fish is almost a given. I had not realized they had this fish all over the world, I thought only in the North Atlantic, but I was wrong. Not like barramundi out of Germany...

Anyway, at this point I have come to believe the quality of AC service at least in J strongly depends upon the market. Significantly better to Japan and Korea where local partners/competitors are good servicewise. Rather poor to China and Europe in general.

Although one seems to get good or indifferent cabin crew randomly everywhere. Rarely downright bad.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
But I'm a strong believer in attitude-in-attitude-out, so if it's friendly, cheerful behaviour I want, that's what I give. And even if I'm not getting that, so long as it is not deliberately rude (and it never has been), I just think of the hundreds of cranky people they must have had to deal with to get that way that day.

But then I don't tend to get worked up about half the "service" issues that every one else seems to and I am certainly never looking for wait staff on board an airplane. I want them to get me safely off the plane if it is going down. To me, that is their job. Full stop. The rest is pure gravy.
I find the in-flight crew are pretty great, all the time.

My worst experience with an SD/FA is probably better than my average experience with ground staff.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find the in-flight crew are pretty great, all the time.

My worst experience with an SD/FA is probably better than my average experience with ground staff.
If that's your criterion, no doubt.

Except for concierges or services requested through them, that is.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
If that's your criterion, no doubt.

Except for concierges or services requested through them, that is.
Huh?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
As a general comment, the crews recenrtly on domestic flights have been WAY better than even just last year. I did 8 segments this friday - sunday (4 Tcons) and all the crews have been miles ahead of last year.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Huh?
I meant to say, sure cabin crews are consistently nicer than ground crews, other than concierges. But that's not a yardstick I would use, that does not really mean much.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Thank you nameless AC cabin crew who grabbed my forgotten checkin bag on BA flight from YUL and brought it to YVR for me.

Seriously, the best in-flight experiences, even when not even flying. (no sarcasm)
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by jsn55
I've been saying it for years ... beat me up all you want between booking and boarding, but if I have a good cabin crew on the flight, it's all forgotten. Airline management should take very good care of their cabin crew, they ARE your airline's face to the world.
THIS!

Cabin crew #1, gate/ticket agents #2 can make or break the experience, especially when the inevitable IRROPs monster shows up. I've had a few B6 flights which encountered quite a few problems (diversion due to mid-flight mechanicals, weather delays, etc.) and the staff made it memorable, in good ways. Like the captain who made all of the delay announcements and explanation of the delays at the gate, or another captain who bought dinner (pizza & salads) for everyone on his own CC after a lengthy delay in which all of the airport's dining facilities were closed.

Likewise, I remember the absolutely useless FAs I've encountered on some of the legacy carriers, where I wanted to hand them a copy of The Final Exit just to put them out of their misery.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Cudos go to the in-charge and one of the FA`s on AC198 on their excellent way of tactfully handling a group of first time J DYKWIA`s who acted as though the safety rules applied to everyone else but them.

The person I was traveling with even quipped "This is the most action packed YUL-YVR redeye ever."

I know all us were noobs at one point, but group of five did a fantastic job at really lower the n00b bar. It was great to see the crew just roll with it all smiles, although at the end of the flight, the level of exasperation was apparent on the SD - I felt kinda bad for her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.