Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC/United booking class confusion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Insightful. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
My recent experience has been that, for transcoder flight UA codes op by AC, the fare class matches.
For domedtic flights op by AC, it does not - often goes to AC tango for UA restricted.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ericw
My recent experience has been that, for transcoder flight UA codes op by AC, the fare class matches.
For domedtic flights op by AC, it does not - often goes to AC tango for UA restricted.
From what I can tell now for domestic, V-M match to Flex, and Y/B match to Latitude. I also wonder about United A fares. I've seen United sell A fares on Air Canada flights as business class. I wonder whether it properly corresponds to an Air Canada J class fare.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I am so done with codeshares! Booked YHZ-YYZ-LAX-KOA on AC.com last night in Flex, V. LAX-KOA with United. Check the booking on UA and it booked into T. Is it really that hard to line them up?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
I am so done with codeshares! Booked YHZ-YYZ-LAX-KOA on AC.com last night in Flex, V. LAX-KOA with United. Check the booking on UA and it booked into T. Is it really that hard to line them up?
It's the same the other way when you book into one of the lower upgradeable fares with UA that books into Tango on the AC segments. This is one of the reasons I abandoned codeshares a long time ago.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:35 am
F 1

bumping this thread:

Just double checking from other's experience: If I book a 016 ticket with 3 segments, all in United's W class, will I receive 100% credit to AP?

The itinerary is:

YVR-LAX (AC metal)
LAX-SFO
SFO-YVR

Reason for booking 016 is the itinerary is significantly cheaper than booking Flex on AC, even as a W ticket.

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by F 1
bumping this thread:

Just double checking from other's experience: If I book a 016 ticket with 3 segments, all in United's W class, will I receive 100% credit to AP?

The itinerary is:

YVR-LAX (AC metal)
LAX-SFO
SFO-YVR

Reason for booking 016 is the itinerary is significantly cheaper than booking Flex on AC, even as a W ticket.

Thanks
It depends. Check the AE website for UA flights, but you may want to call AC/UA to ask about what that booking class maps to on AC system.

When booking an AC codeshare with NH, AC was able to tell me specifically the NH booking class equivalent.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by F 1
bumping this thread:

The itinerary is:

YVR-LAX (AC metal)
LAX-SFO
SFO-YVR

Thanks
​​​​​​ W is the lowest UA fare class that still gives 100% AQM /aeroplan points.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Quick question from the experts here. I booked myself on AC flights, but United (016) ticket stock. The UA flights are booked in Business P and Business Z buckets. I went on to AC's site, selected seats in J with no issues. But in the AC manage my booking on AC.com, it shows flights as:

Just a dumb IT issue, or should I be concerned? Reason I am concerned is the United Business booking was only marginally more expensive than booking Tango on AC.com and substantially less expensive than booking J on AC.com. Sometimes it might be "too good to be true"
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I'd verify with a person you're going to sit up front on the first segment.

Generally, though, I frequently see ua.com, 016, UA codeshare, AC metal YHZ-YYZ-MainStreetUSA as being cheaper then ac.com/014/AC-xxx routing.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by RangerNS
I'd verify with a person you're going to sit up front on the first segment.

Generally, though, I frequently see ua.com, 016, UA codeshare, AC metal YHZ-YYZ-MainStreetUSA as being cheaper then ac.com/014/AC-xxx routing.
Called in to AC, agent confirmed outbound is P and return is Z on AC and both flights are in business class. Guess it's weird IT issue.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seegs
Called in to AC, agent confirmed outbound is P and return is Z on AC and both flights are in business class. Guess it's weird IT issue.
Nothing new here. Has been menbtioned previously.

I had this on some LH segments in P. Showed as "economy P." Accurately in business oh lufthansa.com though.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by CanRulez
It would be so much easier if the alliances just standardized their booking classes.
good luck....this has been an issue for as long as I know about codeshares..... we used to have worse examples like AC J fare booked into TG Y class within Asia (i.e. NRT-BKK).....
Worse, some were booked into Y-based booking class that earns no mileage.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
This is normal for UA P fares on AC. If AC has confirmed the seats, you are good.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
After the YYZ-SFO price discrepancy where the UA J price was $1,000 less than the AC price I decided to check the codeshares more regularly when booking for the family.

Have to bring little Yhztraveller #2 home from BOS in early May. Aeroplan ticket was 15K miles and $141 in fee's. AC Tango return fare was $196. Same flights on UA (yes, economy fare) was $1,587!!!

I booked the AC fares!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.