Long-haul AC codeshares operated by UA?

Old Jul 13, 16, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL
Long-haul AC codeshares operated by UA?

I have about $3200 in AC credit that I have to use by January, but what I really want are miles in United aircraft, because I'm only 46K miles away from MM status on United. Does AC have any long-haul flights that are operated by United? Is there a way for me to search for all United-operated flights that have AC codeshares?

I welcome all suggestions on how I can use my AC credit on flights operated by United.
Old Jul 13, 16, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
All you need to do is look on www.aircanada.com. There are many UA-operated codeshares to Europe where UA/LH/AC have a profit sharing arrangement.
Old Jul 14, 16, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Lev View Post
All you need to do is look on www.aircanada.com. There are many UA-operated codeshares to Europe where UA/LH/AC have a profit sharing arrangement.
Can you give me some idea how I can search for them? I see from the Air Canada Timetable (PDF downloadable from http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...er/timetables/) that any AC flight number between 2260 and 5999 is operated by United or United Express, but there appear to be hundreds, if not thousands, of such flights.
Old Jul 14, 16, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC 50K 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
If you look for flights on the AC app YYZ-LHR for example, it gives you multiple options for a connection in EWR or ORD and all those long-haul segments are operated by UA.
Old Jul 15, 16, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE View Post
If you look for flights on the AC app YYZ-LHR for example, it gives you multiple options for a connection in EWR or ORD and all those long-haul segments are operated by UA.
Interestingly, at least some of these flights are not listed in the timetable. For example, AC 5358 (ORD-LHR) isn't listed there. This makes my problem harder, because I don't care very much where I fly from or to as long as the flights have AC flight numbers and take place on United aircraft. I want to try to string together a series of such flights such that I get as many miles as possible within the constraints of my $3200 credit. For this reason, I really want to be able to see all available flights rather than choosing specific cities to fly between.

Search this Thread