Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Old May 1, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Yes , sorry, didn't know it had it's own thread
Old May 8, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
In the previous version of the iOS app, calendar sync would correctly sync my flights with my iOS default calendar. With v 4.2.1, after syncing my device it appears the behavior has changed for the worst. For some reason, calendar sync has created an AC Calendar and synced my flights there.

Has anyone figured out how to return the previous functionality, or at least give me the choice of which Calendar should be synchronized?
Old May 8, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by P_Investor
In the previous version of the iOS app, calendar sync would correctly sync my flights with my iOS default calendar. With v 4.2.1, after syncing my device it appears the behavior has changed for the worst. For some reason, calendar sync has created an AC Calendar and synced my flights there.

Has anyone figured out how to return the previous functionality, or at least give me the choice of which Calendar should be synchronized?
As badly screwed up as calendaring is for me with the new app, it is just using my standard calendar. I believe it defaults to the primary iOS calendar, because it won't let me choose which calendar to sync with. My issues all revolve around creating new calendar entries for flights every time I open the app.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but was looking for a 'master' thread on the mobile app and this looked like it was it.

Am having problems today with the mobile app (on ios) asking me to sign in but not recognizing my login/pw as valid, so deleted and reinstalled it. Tried to sign in on the newly installed version, and it still said password not valid. So I clicked on 'reset my password', it took me to the mobile+ screen where I reset it, then I went back to the app and it STILL doesn't recognize my password as valid. Is it me or is it the app? Anyone else having problems with it today?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
@kenlor: I've not been able to login for weeks, but with no apparent reduction in functionality.. And the last day or so, it has been saying the mobile app profile service is down, also with no visible reduction in functionality.

So something is busted.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Thanks @RangerNS, at least now I know it's not me...well, at least not ALL me, lol.

Edited to add: Of course, the app now shows no one is logged into it, so it's pretty much useless to me. All I can do is manually call up and display my reservation info.

Last edited by kenlor; Aug 25, 2018 at 5:24 pm
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
On Android I get a message saying that Mobile+ profile integration is down, which I guess is the problem
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
While I get the same My Flights has the flights I added via the booking references.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
An idea from NZ's app

As you enter the Koru Lounge (MLL), the app asks if you would like a coffee from the barista, and if you would like the same as your previous order. It then notifies you when it is ready.

Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
While that is certainly cool, there are so many more basic issues that I'd want fixed before they start adding anything like that.
capedreamer, jasdou and DNAwizard like this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Yes. For the last couple of days every time I hit the seat preview button it crashes, even after updating.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
I scrolled all the messages and I don't think I saw this mentioned yet.

Is there a way in the new app to favourite frequent destinations like there was in the old app? Given that I am still missing this after two years, surely I'm not the only one. I travel to the same few destinations very regularly and it would be nice not to have to type in YOW/YYZ/YYC/YEG/YVR/YXY/YZF multiple times to check multiple flights during a travel day. I used to star them on the flight status screen, but that hasn't been an option since the new app came out.

Am I missing something?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
I scrolled all the messages and I don't think I saw this mentioned yet.

Is there a way in the new app to favourite frequent destinations like there was in the old app? Given that I am still missing this after two years, surely I'm not the only one. I travel to the same few destinations very regularly and it would be nice not to have to type in YOW/YYZ/YYC/YEG/YVR/YXY/YZF multiple times to check multiple flights during a travel day. I used to star them on the flight status screen, but that hasn't been an option since the new app came out.

Am I missing something?
Youre definitely not the only one to lament the lack of this feature... not sure its been discussed in this thread, but yeah, a total oversight to not have that functionality at launch. Its a clear step back from the app it replaces.
YZF_Elite and jasdou like this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Not sure if this was already pointed out ....the boarding pass on the app does not refresh unless you hit the refresh icon on the screen. So if you are like me and checked in and got a BP on the app 24 hrs before the flight, open the app as you go thru security and the gate is the same as when you checked in at T-24. So you could end up going to the wrong gate unless you hit the refresh button on the top of the BP screen.
This could be an issue if you are trying to make a connecting flight and get off your first flight with the BP for the new one that sends you to the wrong gate.
Maybe others have different experiences but this is what I experienced this morning at YYZ. AC App on Android.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by vernonc
Not sure if this was already pointed out ....the boarding pass on the app does not refresh unless you hit the refresh icon on the screen. So if you are like me and checked in and got a BP on the app 24 hrs before the flight, open the app as you go thru security and the gate is the same as when you checked in at T-24. So you could end up going to the wrong gate unless you hit the refresh button on the top of the BP screen.
This could be an issue if you are trying to make a connecting flight and get off your first flight with the BP for the new one that sends you to the wrong gate.
Maybe others have different experiences but this is what I experienced this morning at YYZ. AC App on Android.
It seems to update gates changes automatically in IOS in Wallet and I like the cute little yellow circle around the new gate number as a way of highlighting the change. This is in addition to receiving notifications.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.