Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Eugrade on latitude flight pass - any suggestions?

Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat

I've just finished another frustrating round with the call center trying to get a latitude flight pass eupgrade (to europe) processed.

From all I understand (from here and previous eupgrades), these passes now upgrade from P. Yet 50% of the time they fail to upgrade online when R=0 and P>0. Call center seems to be unable to find the rules that these passes upgrade from P. Each time at the end of the call (usually30-45min later) it magically works as a "favour" to me.....

Has anyone had any luck with a way to direct agents to the correct rules to make this work as it should. I'm getting pretty tired of devoting hours and hours to each upgrade.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...des/howto.html

Point them here.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Thanks! - have you found them willing to look at a webpage (albeit an AC one)? The last two times I wrangled with them they referred to internal documents that still listed R space as the upgrade bucket...
Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
That link seems great. What is confusing is that the R-upgrade is confirmed based on availability in P-class - (or R-Class). It will not book into P-Class but convert to R-Class after confirming the upgrade. After close to 2 years with this process- it seems most of the call centre staff don't know this.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
I had the same issue with a Latitude fare in the past month.

Rez was unable to see P space on the segment to upgrade. When I checked on EF there was space, but within my itinerary likely due to "married segments" there was no space. It was quite frustrating and wasted a lot of time trying to get this resolved - Nothing could be done on the weekend as route controllers don't work. Had to wait until the Monday and a concierge was able to make contact with them to open space.

Even the concierge could not see available space in P while looking at my flights - but on a another computer making an inquiry for space could clearly see available P space.Even AC.com was showing that it was upgradeable - just not in my booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.