Question: LAX Lounge

Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, AA
LAX Lounge

As SE, I have some lounge passes that I would like to give to a friend traveling with children from LAX to YYZ.

They are traveling on points with United ticket stock number. However, the flight shows as AC 788, departing after 11 pm.

Will they be able to access the lounge, is the lounge still closing at 11:15 pm as per the AC website, and what kind of food is available? Or is it only shacks?

Again, I would greatly appreciate any comments from frequent flyers from LAX.

Regards,
Candot
Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
AC 788 leaves at 23:45, so the posted lounge closing time of 23:15 seems correct to me as that is when boarding would commence.

Given experience from other MLL near closing time, I would expect the only food available near that time would be whatever is leftover from earlier, as at that time the lounge staff will be trying to clean up and not be restocking the food.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, AA
LAXLounge

Thanks for the information. My friend will have 6 hours lay-over time at LAX.
So I guess the food will be the regular, soups, salads and snacks.
Regards,
Candot
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by candot
Thanks for the information. My friend will have 6 hours lay-over time at LAX.
So I guess the food will be the regular, soups, salads and snacks.
Regards,
Candot
I wouldn't stay at LAX for 6 hours - I would rather leave the airport and go to Santa Monica. Only a short taxi ride away.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by D582
I wouldn't stay at LAX for 6 hours - I would rather leave the airport and go to Santa Monica. Only a short taxi ride away.
Agreed

My wife and I actually rented a car for $20 and drove to the Third Street Promenade on our layover from LAX to PPT

Hit up Trader Joes for snacks and walked down there. A great way to spend a few hours
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I once spent a five hour layover before an Air New Zealand flight at LAX. Time flew by. Able to leave hand luggage in a locker at the airport. Pretty sure I noticed the lockers are back again.

They could also use a hotel shuttle (free). The Marriott on Rosecrans offers this. Beside the hotel is a mall with Macy's, Apple, etc. There are also decent restaurants. On the other side of the hotel is plaza with Bristol Farms (better than Whole Foods). Just down the street is a Wofgang Puck pizza place. Lots more choices along Sepulveda.

Manhattan Beach (would need a car or taxi but much closer than Santa Monica or Venice) has a wonderful beach for walking. Sand is accessible or, there's a pathway overlooking the beach with strategically placed sitting areas. One also gets good glimpses into some pretty amazing real estate. Understand from a local that many well paid athletes live in the area.

They might want to take the children to the observation deck of Encounter (restaurant in the somewhat strange shaped structure in the middle of the airport). Great aspect if the smog isn't awful. Don't need to eat there to use the deck.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bartolo

They could also use a hotel shuttle (free).
Only issue with this these days is a lot of the shuttles at LAX are asking about reservation names etc. as people had been using them in order to get UberX/Lyft pickups as they cannot pickup at LAX. So, YMMV.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by D582
Only issue with this these days is a lot of the shuttles at LAX are asking about reservation names etc. as people had been using them in order to get UberX/Lyft pickups as they cannot pickup at LAX. So, YMMV.
I just carry a Marriott/Sheraton (obviously use the right key card!) key card and flash it as I board.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I just said I was meeting someone at the hotel for a drink.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.