Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Did AC end codeshare with CA?

Question: Did AC end codeshare with CA?

Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Did AC end codeshare with CA?

I was trying to book a YYZ-PEK-CTU flight on AC and I noticed that PEK-CTU codeshare on CA is now showing as expensive interline instead of codeshare. Actually, I tried many route options and all CA flights are showing as interline now. Did they end the JV altogether?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:06 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
AC6614 still shows as a codeshare flight from PEK-CTU at 1900hrs daily, but you won't get a good fare using a codeshare
Old Jul 9, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by ABG
AC6614 still shows as a codeshare flight from PEK-CTU at 1900hrs daily, but you won't get a good fare using a codeshare

Perhaps you mean you won't get a good fare using a codes share with Air China

Consider this as a warning to avoid a lacklustre airline. FT is full of alternative Chinese airlines that are of better quality to CA such as Hainan, or China Southern. If seeking reliability and quality, then look towards Cathay in HKIA. If you wish to be avante garde as well as seek comfort and quality, then transact with the capitalist running dog rebels, EVA. the airline of choice for all those who dare to be different and wear a bit of colour.

Last edited by Transpacificflyer; Jul 9, 2016 at 4:18 pm
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:37 am
Original Poster

It is interesting that I cannot see any AC6614 on AC.com... Those codeshare used to be only slightly more expensive than YYZ-PEK/PVG AC direct and booked into K or L.

I know CA sucks and HU & CX are much better and cheaper options, but I need some status miles....

EVA unfortunately has overnight layover in TPE both ways and OZ doesn't serve YYZ well.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
If you are looking to maximize miles to China, you could always fly via Europe (LH/LX/TK) to PEK or PVG then catch a local Chinese flight to CTU.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Lev
If you are looking to maximize miles to China, you could always fly via Europe (LH/LX/TK) to PEK or PVG then catch a local Chinese flight to CTU.
I will be flying Y. LH/LX/TK gives no TK miles to cheaper fare buckets.
I've decided to fly YYZ-HKG/PEK-YYZ on AC instead (no YQ when flying into HKG) and make a mini vacation to RGN first on KA/CX, and use KA to CTU using avios.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.