Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question about fixed mileage award BCN-YUL-YVR booking

Old Jul 7, 16, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to book a fixed mileage award BCN-YUL-YVR. The first leg (BCN-YUL) offers Prem Economy Rouge (fine with me) or economy (not desired). The second leg (YUL-YVR) offers economy only if Prem Econ chosen for the BCN-YUL leg. However, if economy is chosen for the BCN-YUL leg, business class is available for the YUL-YVR leg. Is it possible to book Prem. Economy for the BCN-YUL leg and then business for the YUL-YVR leg by calling in? TIA.
Old Jul 8, 16, 1:07 am

Calling it in should work. There are some really annoying gaps in the online booking tool - of course AE will not do anything about it as it gives them an extra $30 every time someone needs to call in.

Just last week I was playing with itineraries to find flights that would work for me (knew I'd have to call in regardless as it was complicated-ish), looking up YVR-JNB as a one way turned up a single classic fare option in PE/J on my date (YVR-DEL-ADD-JNB), but if I changed it to search YVR-DUR the ONLY options were suddenly via LHR and only as priority fares (double points). I found a separate leg JNB-DUR that fit in beautifully time-wise and when I called, YVR-DEL-ADD-JNB-DUR wasn't an issue at all.
Old Jul 8, 16, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Search this Thread