FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Infant award ticket booking on Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1776637-infant-award-ticket-booking-aeroplan.html)

easyguy Jul 6, 2016 5:23 pm

Infant award ticket booking on Aeroplan

It is possible to book a Air Canada award ticket
with a Lap Child ONLINE using Aeroplan pts ??

zoobtoob Jul 6, 2016 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by easyguy (Post 26880096)

No.

versace991 Jul 6, 2016 5:40 pm

book adult tix and then call in to add infant to the ticket, i think there's a 50$ ticket charge something like that.

cheukiecfu Jul 6, 2016 6:08 pm

You have to call in after you book the adult ticket. They week charge you $50+tax or 5000 miles for the infant.

jerryhung Jul 6, 2016 10:12 pm

book adult first
call Aeroplan to add infant
$50 for Y ticket, $100 for J/C ticket

Google would've had the answer
I know "Mommy Points @ BoardingArea" had article on this also

goob3r Jul 7, 2016 12:40 pm

There are additional charges and fees in addition to the $50/5,000 points

Diabeetus Jul 7, 2016 5:16 pm

For all travel zones:

Economy Class - $50 or 5,000 Aeroplan Miles
Premium Economy Class - $75 or 7,500 Aeroplan Miles
Business Class - $100 or 10,000 Aeroplan Miles
First Class - $125 or 12,500 Aeroplan Miles

Diabeetus Jul 7, 2016 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by goob3r (Post 26883831)
There are additional charges and fees in addition to the $50/5,000 points

I didn't pay any additional fees with my infant bookings, aside from GST.

cuto Dec 9, 2017 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Diabeetus (Post 26885068)
For all travel zones:

Economy Class - $50 or 5,000 Aeroplan Miles
Premium Economy Class - $75 or 7,500 Aeroplan Miles
Business Class - $100 or 10,000 Aeroplan Miles
First Class - $125 or 12,500 Aeroplan Miles

Just about to book my reward trip and will be bringing my 14 mo old son. Seems crazy AP would charge more as you move up the cabins. It's not like the infant is receiving better service in any of the cabins above economy. He/she will just be on the lap the entire time.

CPYVR Dec 9, 2017 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by cuto (Post 29152588)
Just about to book my reward trip and will be bringing my 14 mo old son. Seems crazy AP would charge more as you move up the cabins. It's not like the infant is receiving better service in any of the cabins above economy. He/she will just be on the lap the entire time.

Purchased tickets for international travel are also charged more if your infant is in the premium cabin with you.

mapleg Dec 9, 2017 8:13 pm

Cleaner bathroom on any flight in J or F (at least on most Star Alliance carriers). Would you really want to change a diaper on AC lavatory in Y class (or Rouge)?

global happy traveller Dec 10, 2017 11:50 am

GHT Jr had a whole J class seat to himself............ and they ended up loading an infant and child meal for him on BR...... (and no the plane did not hit a pole)

And now I have a new prob....wanted to book 2x MiniRTW, but he crosses 2 yrs old during the Christmas/New Years period............. Contemplating if its even worthwhile cause it will cost GHT Jr 75% of Aeroplan Miles or worse revenue fare in ticketed class of service on the way back

Cerenity Apr 19, 2018 6:29 pm

I'm really confused. I just added a lap infant to our J award flight from YYZ-SFO and back and was charged only $20, for what the agent called was a surcharge/tax difference. I was expecting to pay the $100... Is this some new thing or did I not do this properly? I got an Aeroplan Reward email confirmation indicating a 2nd passenger on my ticket. It looks ok to me, so not sure whats going on here...

yowspotter Apr 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Nothing wrong per my experience. I did the same just a few months ago on a redemption to Florida. Booked online for two adults then called in to AE to add lap child (can't add online). Fee was about $20, which I was told represents US entry charge or something like that.

Prince Mugabe Apr 20, 2018 10:17 am

The $50/$75/$100 fee etc... is just for international travel. For Canada to US travel you only pay taxes (thus the mystery $20) and in Canada proper you pay nothing at all.