AC vs LH Business YYZ-MUC

Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
AC vs LH Business YYZ-MUC

YYZ-MUC on LH last night
LH boarding is a disaster...AC zoned boarding far superior
LH biz seats most uncomfortable I have flown in the last 4 years (with the exception of one Rouge flight)
LH onboard meals and service far superior...crispy butter croissants in the morning, great crew
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by Wings100
YYZ-MUC on LH last night
LH boarding is a disaster...AC zoned boarding far superior
LH biz seats most uncomfortable I have flown in the last 4 years (with the exception of one Rouge flight)
LH onboard meals and service far superior...crispy butter croissants in the morning, great crew
Agree with all the points, with a caveat on the last one: I don't necessarily think the mains on LH are better, but it's all the little things around it that make it better, like the constant stream of delicious warm breads.

And yeah... I would take AC's new seat over LH's new(ish) seat any day of the week. The LH seats straight up hurt my back after trying to sleep on a JFK-FRA last year.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Were these they new LH seats with shared footrest? Or the 170 angled ones that make you feel like you are on the floor?

The only advantage I found with LH was decent affordable wifi (as opposed to no wifi).
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by D404
Agree with all the points, with a caveat on the last one: I don't necessarily think the mains on LH are better, but it's all the little things around it that make it better, like the constant stream of delicious warm breads.

And yeah... I would take AC's new seat over LH's new(ish) seat any day of the week. The LH seats straight up hurt my back after trying to sleep on a JFK-FRA last year.
Except the YYZ-MUC route is run with the A333 so it's not really AC's new seat. Nontheless, I am flying this route in J this weekend and have generally enjoyed it. Much less busy than the YYZ-FRA route.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

It was the 170 angled seat and my back hurt as well
Will not do this again
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Wings100
It was the 170 angled seat and my back hurt as well
Will not do this again
Good to know. I thought LH had upgraded all of their seats to horizontal lie flat by now.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Wait what? Every LH widebody now has fully lie flat seats ... 180 degree angle to the floor.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Narrow, angled, awful
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:53 pm

End of May Was on LH, 1st time MUC -YYZ direction, in past my LH flights were intra-Europe

Not fan of the business class Angle seats, climb over , or you have to go to seating position for window passenger ( wife had window) to get out. Both agreed worse seat, service was slow and no attempt to keep wine glass full. Food some good some bad, but again service was slow, over all AC food and service better

If my wife voting never again on LH, me I would bite bullet if time/schedule related, but will avoid in future.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
Wait what? Every LH widebody now has fully lie flat seats ... 180 degree angle to the floor.
I thought most were. The key is there's no guarantee they were operating the expected plane so it could have been an older one still in service I wonder.

End of the day even the new cabin is 2-2-2; I'd pick AC's 333 (same plane) with
3 across anyday even if it's not fully podded. Of course, this is assuming AC's one doesn't cost twice as much.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I have found LH to be far superior to AC in almost every regard. I flew them and had a lie flat seat and great service. Boarding I didn't really pay attention too as it was the usual Business class got in ahead of economy.

I was given two drinks before the plane was even loaded. Those AC angled seats are not comfy, I am 6'0 and me feet were touching the end. Wifi was good on LH and meals were excellent.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by The smallest state
I have found LH to be far superior to AC in almost every regard. I flew them and had a lie flat seat and great service. Boarding I didn't really pay attention too as it was the usual Business class got in ahead of economy.

I was given two drinks before the plane was even loaded. Those AC angled seats are not comfy, I am 6'0 and me feet were touching the end. Wifi was good on LH and meals were excellent.
Don't worry, ac is not crying to those choosing Lh for tatl. With a dollar sign sack of money headed their way, from their joint venture, ac thanks you for your patronage.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by jc94
I thought most were. The key is there's no guarantee they were operating the expected plane so it could have been an older one still in service I wonder.
All LH longhaul planes have been reconfigured to the new lie-flat business seats. Not industry leading, but still lie-flat. New Business class Line- or Retrofit / routes etc.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by hirohito888
All LH longhaul planes have been reconfigured to the new lie-flat business seats. Not industry leading, but still lie-flat. New Business class Line- or Retrofit / routes etc.
And yet, the op apparently got a old seat

It's like United, 97% (or something) of their fleet had wifi apparently, including all the planes on my route. When I flew it... only 1 / 5 segments had wifi...

Don't advertise what you can't deliver.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Why fly LH J, when you can fly LH F?
I love everything about LH F! It's one of my favourite products!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.