FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC vs LH Business YYZ-MUC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1776253-ac-vs-lh-business-yyz-muc.html)

Wings100 Jul 5, 2016 6:15 am

AC vs LH Business YYZ-MUC

YYZ-MUC on LH last night
LH boarding is a disaster...AC zoned boarding far superior
LH biz seats most uncomfortable I have flown in the last 4 years (with the exception of one Rouge flight)
LH onboard meals and service far superior...crispy butter croissants in the morning, great crew

D404 Jul 5, 2016 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Wings100 (Post 26872012)
YYZ-MUC on LH last night
LH boarding is a disaster...AC zoned boarding far superior
LH biz seats most uncomfortable I have flown in the last 4 years (with the exception of one Rouge flight)
LH onboard meals and service far superior...crispy butter croissants in the morning, great crew

Agree with all the points, with a caveat on the last one: I don't necessarily think the mains on LH are better, but it's all the little things around it that make it better, like the constant stream of delicious warm breads.

And yeah... I would take AC's new seat over LH's new(ish) seat any day of the week. The LH seats straight up hurt my back after trying to sleep on a JFK-FRA last year.

jc94 Jul 5, 2016 11:12 am

Were these they new LH seats with shared footrest? Or the 170 angled ones that make you feel like you are on the floor?

The only advantage I found with LH was decent affordable wifi (as opposed to no wifi).

Rundosrun Jul 5, 2016 11:42 am

Originally Posted by D404 (Post 26872022)
Agree with all the points, with a caveat on the last one: I don't necessarily think the mains on LH are better, but it's all the little things around it that make it better, like the constant stream of delicious warm breads.

And yeah... I would take AC's new seat over LH's new(ish) seat any day of the week. The LH seats straight up hurt my back after trying to sleep on a JFK-FRA last year.

Except the YYZ-MUC route is run with the A333 so it's not really AC's new seat. Nontheless, I am flying this route in J this weekend and have generally enjoyed it. Much less busy than the YYZ-FRA route.

Wings100 Jul 5, 2016 12:34 pm

It was the 170 angled seat and my back hurt as well
Will not do this again

The Lev Jul 5, 2016 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Wings100 (Post 26873835)
It was the 170 angled seat and my back hurt as well
Will not do this again

Good to know. I thought LH had upgraded all of their seats to horizontal lie flat by now.

CappuccinoAddict Jul 5, 2016 1:05 pm

Wait what? Every LH widebody now has fully lie flat seats ... 180 degree angle to the floor.

Wings100 Jul 5, 2016 1:15 pm

Narrow, angled, awful

xLuther Jul 5, 2016 1:53 pm

End of May Was on LH, 1st time MUC -YYZ direction, in past my LH flights were intra-Europe

Not fan of the business class Angle seats, climb over , or you have to go to seating position for window passenger ( wife had window) to get out. Both agreed worse seat, service was slow and no attempt to keep wine glass full. Food some good some bad, but again service was slow, over all AC food and service better

If my wife voting never again on LH, me I would bite bullet if time/schedule related, but will avoid in future.

jc94 Jul 5, 2016 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict (Post 26873998)
Wait what? Every LH widebody now has fully lie flat seats ... 180 degree angle to the floor.

I thought most were. The key is there's no guarantee they were operating the expected plane so it could have been an older one still in service I wonder.

End of the day even the new cabin is 2-2-2; I'd pick AC's 333 (same plane) with
3 across anyday even if it's not fully podded. Of course, this is assuming AC's one doesn't cost twice as much.

The smallest state Jul 5, 2016 6:07 pm

I have found LH to be far superior to AC in almost every regard. I flew them and had a lie flat seat and great service. Boarding I didn't really pay attention too as it was the usual Business class got in ahead of economy.

I was given two drinks before the plane was even loaded. Those AC angled seats are not comfy, I am 6'0 and me feet were touching the end. Wifi was good on LH and meals were excellent.

kwflyer Jul 5, 2016 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by The smallest state (Post 26875263)
I have found LH to be far superior to AC in almost every regard. I flew them and had a lie flat seat and great service. Boarding I didn't really pay attention too as it was the usual Business class got in ahead of economy.

I was given two drinks before the plane was even loaded. Those AC angled seats are not comfy, I am 6'0 and me feet were touching the end. Wifi was good on LH and meals were excellent.

Don't worry, ac is not crying to those choosing Lh for tatl. With a dollar sign sack of money headed their way, from their joint venture, ac thanks you for your patronage.

hirohito888 Jul 5, 2016 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 26875033)
I thought most were. The key is there's no guarantee they were operating the expected plane so it could have been an older one still in service I wonder.

:confused: All LH longhaul planes have been reconfigured to the new lie-flat business seats. Not industry leading, but still lie-flat. New Business class Line- or Retrofit / routes etc.

jc94 Jul 6, 2016 7:00 am

Originally Posted by hirohito888 (Post 26876116)
:confused: All LH longhaul planes have been reconfigured to the new lie-flat business seats. Not industry leading, but still lie-flat. New Business class Line- or Retrofit / routes etc.

And yet, the op apparently got a old seat ;)

It's like United, 97% (or something) of their fleet had wifi apparently, including all the planes on my route. When I flew it... only 1 / 5 segments had wifi...

Don't advertise what you can't deliver.

philelite Jul 6, 2016 7:28 am

Why fly LH J, when you can fly LH F?
I love everything about LH F! It's one of my favourite products!