Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lat apparently does not upgrade out of P?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM

Just booked a Lat, to FRA, for about 2 weeks out, returning in 3.

At booking time, both flights were showing as upgradeable; I of course was on the eupgrade site moments after the booking was made.

Both flights are waitlisting, which doesn't sound right. The outbound is J3 Z2 P2 R0, return is J9 C9 D9 Z9 P6 R0. It should allocate out of positive P, correct?

I called in (admittedly contacting the night-crew). The agent contacted the helpdesk, and returns with "Yes, it normally upgrades out of P, unless the flights are very full". The helpdesk were unable to fix it. I pointed out that the site says upgradeable, she said the site follows P, but sometimes P does not get you an immediate upgrade. ?!?!

Attempting a repeat booking on aircanada.com still promises upgradeability for both directions!

That does not sound right. Is this the problem others have been experiencing?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:52 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Others have reported the same issue:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-july-2nd.html

You need to escalate with a supervisor.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eigenvector
Others have reported the same issue:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-july-2nd.html

You need to escalate with a supervisor.
Agent would not let me talk to a supervisor, but told me to email customer service. Which I have done, and I'll check in the morning. Not in a mood for HUCA.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Some of us reported this starting over a year ago.
I had to call in often and got fed up... And sometimes played aerolotto at the gate.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I spoke to 5 different folks on one booking. Needed to escalate up the food chain and eventually I was proven correct. Persistence paid off, albeit aggravating .
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I called in (admittedly contacting the night-crew). The agent contacted the helpdesk, and returns with "Yes, it normally upgrades out of P, unless the flights are very full". The helpdesk were unable to fix it. I pointed out that the site says upgradeable, she said the site follows P, but sometimes P does not get you an immediate upgrade. ?!?!
That's a ridiculous response. If RM didn't want the P seats out there they'd zero the bucket.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by acysb87
I spoke to 5 different folks on one booking. Needed to escalate up the food chain and eventually I was proven correct. Persistence paid off, albeit aggravating .
Originally Posted by entropy
That's a ridiculous response. If RM didn't want the P seats out there they'd zero the bucket.
Exactly! I guess what's even more concerning is how so few agents seem to know and understand the P requirement for those e-upgrades.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Happens all the time, the rules are posted publicly here, you can have them look it up, sometimes they will change their mind if they see this - other times it won't.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...des/howto.html
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Happens all the time, the rules are posted publicly here, you can have them look it up, sometimes they will change their mind if they see this - other times it won't.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...des/howto.html
Amazing how it may not change their minds when their own website says:

For eligible customers travelling on international flights with a Latitude (booking classes Y and B) or Premium Economy Flexible (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “P” booking class at time of request.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by mountainboy
Just booked a Lat, to FRA, for about 2 weeks out, returning in 3.

At booking time, both flights were showing as upgradeable; I of course was on the eupgrade site moments after the booking was made.

Both flights are waitlisting, which doesn't sound right. The outbound is J3 Z2 P2 R0, return is J9 C9 D9 Z9 P6 R0. It should allocate out of positive P, correct?

Attempting a repeat booking on aircanada.com still promises upgradeability for both directions!

That does not sound right. Is this the problem others have been experiencing?
Call the concierges and get them to fight it for you (if you're still SE100K)
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Call the concierges and get them to fight it for you (if you're still SE100K)
Never thought to do that ^@:-)
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by entropy
Exactly..

Anyways, made a call this morning and it is resolved manually. I was told
that neither helpdesk nor resourcedesk have the power to manual override, and only "2 departments" can, and they only operate business hours.

Apparently it is a bug. I'm not so sure...

BTW, the return leg opened up to J9 Z9 P7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.