Search

LGA AC Wing WIFI?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, AC SE, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Presidents Club
LGA AC Wing WIFI?

Folks

Does anyone recall if the AC wing of LGA has wifi post security? I don't have time or trust the MLL and getting past security in a timely fashion and I don't have my hotspot on me.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:08 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I think there's a Boingo network that pops up but I've never been able to connect to it.

I'd create a hotspot from my phone if I really needed it in there, although I find cell service can be a bit patchy as well.

Don't forget Joe Biden said it's like a third-world country there with good reason...
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:34 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Adam.smith is right, it's a Boingo pay network. I've connected to it once when sitting at the restaurant, with mixed quality.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Boingo network there sucks. Too bad LGA doesn't have free wifi. I usually use a Mifi hotspot if I really need it.

I'll check for you to see if anything has changed tomorrow when I travel through there in the morning but i highly doubt it.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by RN29
Folks

Does anyone recall if the AC wing of LGA has wifi post security? I don't have time or trust the MLL and getting past security in a timely fashion and I don't have my hotspot on me.
If you're *G, go to the UC instead which has reliable wifi. They also have screens in the lounge that monitor the security lines so you can act accordingly and not stress.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
OP, what time are you travelling through LGA?
When you checkin - you should also just double check and see whether the TSA-PRE line is open.....which seems rare there nowadays. Of course this is assuming you have TSA-pre
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by kwflyer
If you're *G, go to the UC instead which has reliable wifi. They also have screens in the lounge that monitor the security lines so you can act accordingly and not stress.
Did you even read the OP?

Originally Posted by RN29
I don't have time or trust the MLL and getting past security in a timely fashion
The answer to that question is definitely not to go to the UC.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by adam.smith
Did you even read the OP?

The answer to that question is definitely not to go to the UC.
Ops concern stem on getting access to fast reliable wifi along with trust concerns re security lines.

Going to the UC would be a potential solution to that.

Given using the internet airside is "spending time" to do so. So the time allocation to do so airside vs landslide given need to use wifi, is the option I proposed.

Having been to lga many times if one wants to access free, reliable wifi before boarding while not being stressed out about security lines, the UC is your best option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.