Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SuperPrestige Kits In - No Instant KK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Just got mine this am. Basically same stuff as last year.

No instant KK (modified for Europe and Asia from N.A.) If you hit 70,000 miles it appears you can do a one-time redemption in instant KK for long-haul North America when you redeem your 70,000 reward ticket.

$20/guest for MLL (1 pass)Another one at 60,000

Same U/G with 'new' rules

I'm sorry Empress but AC/AP just doesn't get it. I'm gone.

[This message has been edited by PunishedEdmontonian (edited 01-20-2003).]
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:19 am
Suspended

I'm still waiting for my basic kit to arrive. Not sure what it will contain.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:33 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
MapleLeaf, are u referring to Prestige?
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PE: Did you really expect a change in instant KK for Elites?
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:36 am
ALW

Well I'm falling from Elite too, but I still hold out hope that AC will adjust the mileage targets so I'll qualify with my 750 status miles (alternatively, that they'll drop the segment qualification to "1").

andrew
Old Jan 20, 2003, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be fair to Aeroplan, there has been a small concession to Elites.

Instant KK to Europe was 2 X 60,000 = 120,000 miles. Instant KK is now offered at a 20,000 mile discount for Elite status and is now offered at 100,00.

Instant KK to Asia was 2 X 75,000 = 150,000. Instant KK is now offered for Elite status at a 20,000 mile discount and is now offered at 130,000 miles.

Not what I had hoped for but some small movement here.

Old Jan 20, 2003, 12:12 pm
CP7

It might bear repeating that this KK issue is the only thing that kept me from not bothering to fly them this past year - I am now Basic (!) after being Elite for over 10 years. It is kind of a relief now that I have actually gone through with it... Basic here we come (and Westjet, and Cathay, and SQ)!
Old Jan 20, 2003, 12:30 pm

I haven't received my SP kit yet, but where are these greatly enhanced benefits that our AC experts were talking about?

------------------
Saturday nights should be spent with family.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 1:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
"greatly enhanced" indeed!
Old Jan 20, 2003, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airbus320:
PE: Did you really expect a change in instant KK for Elites? </font>
I thought they'd at least do it on a limited basis.

Strangely their promoters/apologists on this site have yet to lecture us on how great all this is....

Old Jan 20, 2003, 2:25 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PunishedEdmontonian:
Strangely their promoters/apologists on this site have yet to lecture us on how great all this is.... </font>
Real nice for you to call me that. I never said it was perfect, I called it an improvement from last year and hopefully more improvements will continue be made. I also said 200% is excessive in some cases and further enhancement can be made. The discounted instant KK to Europe/Asia is a positive step as there are also no blackout dates. The % it takes for a standard award (to Europe & Asia) is also in line with airlines such as UA. Don't try to feed me stuff about general members not having this benefit, we're talking about Elites here. Just because you don't plan to take advantage of it, it doesn't mean there is no improvement to the program overall.

You guys call me what you want, I just spent the last 24 hours being sent around like an idiot by destina so I am not really in the mood to expand on that. So if anyone is an apologist, it's not me at the moment.

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 01-20-2003).]
Old Jan 20, 2003, 2:29 pm
Suspended

As an SE, (and as I and others have posted) the E program has been much improved relative to SE benefits. This is not about promoting AE, but stating fact. There has been significant improvement to upgrades, especially with H SWU (except to Europe). For many Elites (perhaps not all those on the board) that is a big difference, especially on flight to Australia. In comparison SE got no improvements.
Access to reward seats is improved too, might not be perfect, but it is better. No question about that.

[This message has been edited by lmartin999 (edited 01-20-2003).]
Old Jan 20, 2003, 2:57 pm

Can I ask a really stupid question: What does KK stand for?
Old Jan 20, 2003, 3:01 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

"KK" stands for 'seat requested but not confirmed'.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 3:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
The discounted instant KK to Europe/Asia is a positive step as there are also no blackout dates. </font>
Empress: Are you saying that there are no black-outs with all instant KK tickets, or just no black-outs to Europe/Asia.

------------------
Saturday nights should be spent with family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.