Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Air Canada prepaid cafe voucher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Air Canada prepaid cafe voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Air Canada prepaid cafe voucher

I thought Aeroplan reward tickets cannot purchase the $7 prepaid food voucher? But it is showing online I can. Can I still go ahead and purchase it or will there be problems later on?

And secondly, the voucher includes 1 meal and 1 snack item for upto $9.5, but what happens when the total is over that amount? Will they ask me to pay the balance on board?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by newcdn
I thought Aeroplan reward tickets cannot purchase the $7 prepaid food voucher? But it is showing online I can. Can I still go ahead and purchase it or will there be problems later on?

And secondly, the voucher includes 1 meal and 1 snack item for upto $9.5, but what happens when the total is over that amount? Will they ask me to pay the balance on board?
As long as you pick one item from the meal list and one item from the snack list. You do not have to pay extra if they total more than $9.5 but similarly, you do not get any refund if they are less than $9.5. That has been my personal experience.

If you decide to take the Meal Tray, i.e., business class entree option in substitution to the On Board Cafe Meal item, there is a surcharge of $5, payable on board by credit card only.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Ok, can I choose which flight I want to use the voucher if I'm connecting?

If I'm flying YEG-YVR-HNL, can I choose to get the meal on the YVR-HNL leg?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.