Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YUL International MLL accepting domestic flyers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC S100K

New Policy: J, 50K or better departing on a domestic itinerary from Gate 51 or higher may use the International MLL.

A welcome, if belated, improvement.

^
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Fantastic! With AC using a lot of the international gates, it's quite the haul to the domestic MLL.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
New Policy: J, 50K or better departing on a domestic itinerary from Gate 51 or higher may use the International MLL.

^
That's pretty cool of AC! ^

Probably not too big of a deal for them either - I have rarely been on a domestic flight that departed from a gate higher than A50. I've had the occasional Rapidair or YVR trip that left from A51, but those have been very infrequent - usually on a weekend, mid day-ish - presumably when there are fewer business travelers.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by jaysona
That's pretty cool of AC! ^

Probably not too big of a deal for them either - I have rarely been on a domestic flight that departed from a gate higher than A50. I've had the occasional Rapidair or YVR trip that left from A51, but those have been very infrequent - usually on a weekend, mid day-ish - presumably when there are fewer business travelers.
Pretty sure you met me at A51 or A52 on a Domestic flight :P. To be honest (maybe it's the flights I take) it happens all the time to me! Although for the last year I've never had a problem going into the intl MLL with a flight departing from that area.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Pretty sure you met me at A51 or A52 on a Domestic flight :P. To be honest (maybe it's the flights I take) it happens all the time to me! Although for the last year I've never had a problem going into the intl MLL with a flight departing from that area.
IIRC the flight arrived at A50, but the metal was going to continue to an international destination the following morning. The next flight to YVR was originally supposed to depart from A51, but was changed to A11 - which seems to be the regular departure gate for the A330 flights to YVR these days.

Last edited by jaysona; Jun 16, 2016 at 5:07 pm
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've definitely had a few that were closer to international than domestic.

For the past year or so, every time I've gone in, they've said something like "This is an international lounge, but you're Super Elite, so come on in."
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:47 pm

A few weeks ago the YYZ YUL 6:30am flight used Gate 65.

In this circumstance is (should) the Int MLL be the arrival lounge?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Do they yell at all passengers equally to get the hell out ten minutes before closing time?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Do they yell at all passengers equally to get the hell out ten minutes before closing time?
Depending on their mood, yes, in both English and French.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by YOWgary
So that's where management moved the yyz dragons who couldn't tell time
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I tried as an E50k, domestic J, gate 49.

Was denied entry.

Lady at the front said gate 52 and up only.

Walk of shame back to the DOM MLL.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Diabeetus

Was denied entry.

It would be nice if, you know, these entry requirements were documented somewhere.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ffsim
It would be nice if, you know, these entry requirements were documented somewhere.
I wonder if they are intentionally not publishing these requirements in hopes that people do wander over to the DOM MLL.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Diabeetus

Was denied entry.

52 is closest to 51 as possible for some level of error... so good on AC for minimizing the inconsistencies to only one gate.

Thanks for trying and letting us know... and taking one for the team with your walk of shame.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by BlueMilk

^
I'm going to try this today.

$10 they say no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.