Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YUL International MLL accepting domestic flyers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The rule is gate 50 and higher. What you encounter with a IDGAF agent, or someone who doesn't stay up to date with the rules, well, YMMV in typical AC fashion.

If you book rapidair widebodies it increases your chances of getting an "international" 50+ gate number. I do this often. The domestic YUL MLL is just depressing and tired.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The domestic YUL MLL is just depressing and tired.
And, if we're being honest, its single-stall bathroom facilities is rather limiting...
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:06 pm

INTL MLL Access @ YUL When Flying DOM

Will be travelling YXU to YSJ (via YUL) and YSJ to EWR (via YUL) in March (booked way ahead using weekender flight pass cause spring break and need to get a good time into EWR for my onward flight to LHR). I noticed the INTL MLL @ YUL is significantly better than the DOM & US lounges (i.e. showers). Has anyone had experience accessing these lounges on DOM/US connections? My understanding is that anyone flying domestically can have physical access to that lounge since YUL doesn't separate out INTL and DOM flights like YYZ do!

Safe Travels,

James
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by j2simpso
.....My understanding is that anyone flying domestically can have physical access to that lounge since YUL doesn't separate out INTL and DOM flights like YYZ do!
No.

Last edited by tcook052; Sep 15, 2018 at 9:27 am
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:24 pm

IIRC TB pax can’t access and the only domestic pax allowed are those departing from gates in that part of the terminal (I can’t remember the exact gate number but I think it was either 51, 52, or 53 and above).
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:25 pm

Fare enough, looks like I'll be enjoying the LH lounge in EWR! Hopefully the DOM lounge at YUL offers a decent food & booze spread whilst I am there in the late morning/early afternoon.

-James
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YEG USER
.....(I can’t remember the exact gate number but I think it was either 51, 52, or 53 and above).

Which is also listed in the thread I posted. And the other one.

And just to add on here, we were flying International and the International MLL has very specific opening and closing hours. So there were all were, waiting in the terminal - despite having the right tickets that allows us entry.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm not even sure the international lounge is open at that time. They have very odd hours.
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:35 pm
Suspended

And the other thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I would expect your YSJ flight to be in the Aeroquay or the far end of the domestic terminal. Little birds don't go anywhere near gate 50.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I have a boarding pass for 419 YUL-YYZ in J.

419 is scheduled for gate 1.

They let me in, no questions asked. I suspect the SE had a lot to do with it. Or maybe it was the ITD OSS.

I'm on standby for 415 out of gate 50, and I'm going to clear (into J), so I was ready to argue, but it was not necessary.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I have a boarding pass for 419 YUL-YYZ in J.

419 is scheduled for gate 1.

They let me in, no questions asked. I suspect the SE had a lot to do with it. Or maybe it was the ITD OSS.

I'm on standby for 415 out of gate 50, and I'm going to clear (into J), so I was ready to argue, but it was not necessary.
As I have posted before, it all depends on who is at the desk. When I walk by I look in and depending on who is at the desk I either walk on in, or walk on by...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
Originally Posted by smallmj
I would expect your YSJ flight to be in the Aeroquay or the far end of the domestic terminal. Little birds don't go anywhere near gate 50.
On the plus side you'll hit your step count for the day ... Done the yul -> YSJ flight a few too many times.

In all seriousness, check out the National Bank lounge if you have PP/Diners Club access it's a nice change from MLL
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by yyz_consulted
On the plus side you'll hit your step count for the day ... Done the yul -> YSJ flight a few too many times.

In all seriousness, check out the National Bank lounge if you have PP/Diners Club access it's a nice change from MLL

NB Lounge would be a nice change indeed but they can be often seen admitting more people than they can take...lineups are usually to the elevators.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
I remember I was travelling YUL-YVR-NRT in J and my gate was 48 for the first leg. Went to the INTL lounge and got in no question asked. When my YUL-YVR was canceled, they even came to get me to change my flight 😀

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.