Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YUL International MLL accepting domestic flyers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YUL International MLL accepting domestic flyers.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: *$ Green
The answer is no.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Last time I tried, it was during breakfast hours, and the agent was quite willing to let me in, but also mentioned that there was no hot food in international, and I'd be better off in domestic.

So I went to domestic.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Last time I tried, it was during breakfast hours, and the agent was quite willing to let me in, but also mentioned that there was no hot food in international, and I'd be better off in domestic.

So I went to domestic.
Possible. I think the morning Int'l YUL flights are all .... tier flights to the Caribbean and the states, so understandable.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I tried as an E50k, domestic J, gate 49.

Was denied entry.

Lady at the front said gate 52 and up only.

Walk of shame back to the DOM MLL.
Technically if you're star gold and can
Make it to the lounge you have entry.

Are the food offerings really that better at intl compared to dom. How
Many tubs of pickles do they have?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I am in the YUL MLL today - connecting between YVR-YUL and YUL-YOW flights.

The lounge agent stated that the allowance for certain passengers (as stated in earlier posts) flying domestic routes will be eliminated effective Sept 1 - ie only those flying international routes from Sept 1 will be able to access this lounge!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
At yul, Can one use a lounge pass at the dom MLL on an international flight? Passes are not accepted in the international MLL.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:34 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Prestige
At yul, Can one use a lounge pass at the dom MLL on an international flight? Passes are not accepted in the international MLL.
Yes, you should be able to.

As for passes in the international MLL, technically true, but a buddy of mine did YYC-YUL-CDG (all in Y, no status) a couple months ago and used a lounge pass that I gave him to get into the international MLL, so it may be possible if you're charming and encounter a sympathetic agent.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I'm going to try this today.

$10 they say no.
Two weeks ago arriving at Gate 62 tried to use it as a Domestic arrival lounge. Answer "no", departure domestic only.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: AC*SE
Shouldn't the new YUL Intl MLL that has been under construction be open soon? All the extra International gates YUL built as part of the latest extension are now open.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Thanks Adam.
Anybody else have experience using a lounge pass at YUL Dom lounge holding an International boarding pass?
Want to gift two passes to my in-laws going to LHR but don't want them to get turned down at the domestic lounge.
Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Apart from the obvious convenience of not having to walk between domestic MLL and international gates, is the international MLL actually better, and if so what's the difference?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Thanks Adam.
Anybody else have experience using a lounge pass at YUL Dom lounge holding an International boarding pass?
Want to gift two passes to my in-laws going to LHR but don't want them to get turned down at the domestic lounge.
Thanks.
I gave a couple lounge passes to friends flying internationally out of YUL and they tried to get into the International MLL. The agent said the tickets were for the domestic lounge only and sent them to that one. They weren't disappointed, despite the walk
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
Apart from the obvious convenience of not having to walk between domestic MLL and international gates, is the international MLL actually better, and if so what's the difference?
Better food at dinner.

Nicer environment.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
Intl also has a shower.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
No more access for domestic flying passengers effective Sept 1 - per YUL ACC concierge and per 1 YUL Int MLL agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.