Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

CRA/CR9 re-config and re-designation - details and progress

Old May 7, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread was originally started regarding the re-configuration and re-designation of Air Canada's legacy CRAs to CR9s. That project was completed in early 2018.

AC currently has five CR9s that were previously owned by SkyWest and in service with Delta. These are (fin/registration):
  • 780 / C-FIJZ
  • 781 / C-FJZN
  • 782 / C-FOJZ
  • 783 / C-FRJA
  • 784 / C-GJAN

These aircraft are still configured with the Delta interiors, have no IFE, and may or may not have working WiFi. AC has not published any details regarding the re-configuration of these aircraft to match the existing CR9 fleet.
Print Wikipost

CRA/CR9 re-config and re-designation - details and progress

Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You're making me want to book SFO-YEG-YYC for the do now. Why take one CR9 when I can take two?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You're making me want to book SFO-YEG-YYC for the do now. Why take one CR9 when I can take two?
I'm on the CR9 for the do.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by canadiancow
How dare you.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:58 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Guys... Stay on topic, please. Are you saying you're more likely to take these flights due to the re-configuration? Or you have re-configuration-related concerns that may lead you to take alternate routes instead? Otherwise this discussion probably belongs in a different thread...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Guys... Stay on topic, please. Are you saying you're more likely to take these flights due to the re-configuration? Or you have re-configuration-related concerns that may lead you to take alternate routes instead? Otherwise this discussion probably belongs in a different thread...
What if the reconfiguration includes the wifi. Then it belongs in yet another thread.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
What if the reconfiguration includes the wifi. Then it belongs in yet another thread.
The re-configuration hasn't impacted the WiFi. The only fins without WiFi are the new builds. WiFi remained operative on the legacy CRA fleet throughout the re-configuration.

Further discussion of the WiFi should definitely take place in the WiFi thread.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
We're just saying that we agree with, and like the re-configuration, and maybe a little bit of the the re-designation too.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by j_the_p
I was on FIN 705 last night and had a hot dinner; it was a nice surprise after expecting the cold chicken. The SD was thrilled to be able to serve hot meals on that plane.
I would have been thrilled too if my omelet was not stone cold this AM YYC-YWG. I rarely get poorly reheated food on AC flights but my travel companion also had the cold omelet. Hope this is not a pattern developing. . .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.