Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with ticketpilot.ca?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2003, 11:06 am
Original Poster

I ran across this web site:

http://www.ticketpilot.ca

I found an AC YYJ-GLA fare for about 1/2 the best price I could find on the AC web site or through travelocity.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of them...???
Old Jan 27, 2003, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC*E, PC-Plat
I have never booked with them but check pricing and seat map all the time.
This is cheapeast site I've found.
I called them and they said that for European destinations it was booked in Q.
That's all I know

Sub2mn!
Old Jan 27, 2003, 8:42 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
I do find it interesting that when trying viewing flight itineraries on American Eagle (with an AX flight number), this site lists the flight as being on an airline called "Binter Mediterraneo"!
Old Jan 27, 2003, 11:18 pm

Iberia regional carrier. May have been consolidated into Air Norstrum in an AC Jazz-type move. How long has American Eagle had the AX code?
Old Jan 27, 2003, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
AX is not American Eagle. It is AmericanConnection. All commuter flights to/from the STL hub operated by Trans States, Chautauqua, and Corporate Airlines carry the AX code. AMR did this to get around the scope clause with their pilots' union.

American Eagle is owned by AA. AmericanConnection carriers are not.

[This message has been edited by FlyerAl (edited 01-27-2003).]
Old Jan 28, 2003, 6:11 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Whoops. Sorry for getting American Eagle and AmericanConnection mixed up.

I assume then that "Binter Miediterraneo" no longer flies under the AX code? What agency assigns these codes? I'm surprised that they would get recycled so quickly. Are there any other cases of two airlines sharing the same code?

[This message has been edited by Toronto1970 (edited 01-28-2003).]
Old Jan 28, 2003, 12:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Abby:

I found an AC YYJ-GLA fare for about 1/2 the best price I could find on the AC web site or through travelocity.

</font>

I have purchased a ticket with Ticketpilot.ca back in novembre for a trip to Germany,The fare was really good on Air Canada and also cheaper than other Canadian site. I got my ticket the following week. I have since told a couple of friends about the site and they got some good deal to go bankok.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 12:35 pm

Welcome to FT, cogibe. Good to hear that you had a good experience with that website.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Yes, indeed! Welcome to FlyerTalk, and thank you for posting the information. It is good to know that people who have actually purchased through the ticketpilot site can recommend them!

Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:32 pm

Exclamation

I used this website few times. Had no problems until yesterday . I booked flights 2 mths ago and 13 days before my departure they called to tell me that on my return flight from Europe Bus class in "no longer available".
No explanation why not. Paid $5000 for this flight and they gave me an option to leave Rome at 6:30 am Originally leaving at 11:00 am with 1 stop) or cancel the ticket .
Quote:
"This is the only option for you"...

well my next only option will be not using Ticketpilot.

Dont like that kind of attitude.....

Good luck to you !!!

Originally Posted by Abby

Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Since this thread is over 9 years old and tomb raiding long dead threads is against Flyertalk Terms of Service TOS I'll lock this one for posterity.

tcook052
AC Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.