Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC domestic MLL used for arrival - are guests allowed?

Old Jun 12, 16, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum

My daughter (no status) and I (SE) arrived on a YUL-YVR flight almost a couple of hours ago. We went to the MLL upon arrival - the lounge agent said that SE/E75K/E50K can go into the lounge upon arrival, but such a customer can NOT bring guests in - so we did not go to the lounge.

My wife (E50K) and/or I had no difficulty bringing our daughter in a domestic lounge upon arrival on numerous occasions in the past.

Here is the statement from the AC web site as to who can or can not go into the lounge;

Maple Leaf Lounge access is for departing passengers with the exception of VIP, Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, Elite 50K members and their qualifying guests (spouse or domestic partner, dependent children and one guest), can enjoy the additional privilege of access to the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge upon arriving at airports in Canada.

Your thoughts?
Old Jun 12, 16, 1:16 am

Sounds like a MLL agent making up her own rules.

Write in, you might get a code for 15% off your next flight (exclusive of taxes).

Kind of sad, isn't it?
Old Jun 12, 16, 3:26 am

Another data point… About a month ago at the DOM YYZ MLL both of the ladies on duty said arrival admission was for the member only though they sometimes "stretched the rules to admit spouses".

Search this Thread