Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question about non AC reward check-in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:52 pm
exc
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E75k

Hey guys - I currently have the following flights booked

Oz 105 tonight in Y
Oz 222 tomorrow morning in J
AC 719 tomorrow in J

So the flight is
NRT-ICN in Y
ICN-JFK in J
LGA-YYZ in J

I believe I should be checking my bags through only to jfk and then I would have to pick it up and recheck at lga, correct? And then at nrt would I be able to check in at the business counter to get priority bags? Even though the first segment isn't in J? And would I have lounge access in nrt? I'm only 35k this year.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
1. Bags checked to JFK-correct. Clear US immigration and customs, pick up bags and transfer to LGA.
2. I think you might be able to check in as business class since award is J, but maybe others can correct be on that
3. You will not get lounge access though since first flight is in Y.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:57 am
exc
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E75k
Just checked in and my bags are checked through to yyz. A little worried but hopefully it turns out OK...
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:27 am
alc

Originally Posted by exc
Just checked in and my bags are checked through to yyz. A little worried but hopefully it turns out OK...
I believed your "tags" for your bags are all the way to YYZ, but you might need to pick them up at JFK to clear immigration as mention above.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by exc
There is no baggage transfer between airports. You will need to transport it from JFK to LGA. Surprised they tagged it, but in theory you could give it tagged at checkin in LGA and they may use it.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by alc
I believed your "tags" for your bags are all the way to YYZ, but you might need to pick them up at JFK to clear immigration as mention above.

Yes they are tagged to YYZ, but must be picked up at JFK (and then brought to LGA)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.