Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Airbus A330-300 refurbishments

Air Canada Airbus A330-300 refurbishments

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 22, 4:11 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: lewis_m
Wiki Link
[Update Needed]

NOTE:
Below the ***** are post #s that contains photos of seats in various cabins

Below is the status of Cabin Refurbishment:

Dream Cabin Refurb
Code:
333 (32J-24O-241Y : 297 pax)
  C-GFAF-931 Old Configuration
  C-GFAH-932 Mod Complete @QPG, Period: Aug 10/21 - Oct 05/21 [56 days]
  C-GFAJ-933 Mod Complete @QPG, Period: Nov 24/21 - Jan 12/22 [49 days]
  C-GFUR-934 Mod Complete @QPG, Period: Oct 08/19 - Feb 28/20 [143 days]
  C-GHKR-935 Mod Complete @QPG, Period: Oct 04/21 - Nov 25/21 [52 days]
  C-GHKW-936 Mod Complete @HKG, Period: Nov 27/21 - Feb 21/22 [86 days]
  C-GHKX-937 Mod Complete @RFD, Period: Sep 02/20 - May 30/21 [271 days]
  C-GHLM-938 Old Configuration
  C-GEFA-939 Mod Complete @RFD, Period: Dec 31/20 - Mar 29/21 [89 days]
  C-GEGC-940 Mod Complete @QPG, Period: May 17/22 - Jul 21/22 [67 days]
  C-GEGI-941 Mod Complete @QPG, Period: Jan 10/22 - Mar 11/22 [60 days]
  C-GEGP-942 Mod Complete @QPG, Period: Nov 06/19 - Jul 01/20 [238 days]
  C-GHKC-943 Mod Complete @HKG, Period: Feb 21/22 - May 05/22 [73 days]
  C-GKUG-944 Mod Complete @QPG, Period: Mar 02/20 - Feb 10/21 [345 days]
  C-GKUH-945 Mod Complete @RFD, Period: Oct 08/20 - Jan 12/21 [99 days]
  C-GOFW-947 Mod Complete @QPG, Period: Feb 03/22 - May 20/22 [107 days]


Premium Economy Refurb - ALL COMPLETED
Seat Map: https://www.aircanada.com/content/dam/aircanada/portal/images/fleet/seatmap/330-300-03.jpg


******

Seats to Avoid
Seat 1A, Bins above used by Emergency Equipment
Seat 8A/8K, Missing Windows + Oxygen Tank in Bin above Seat


Photos of seats - Please list post number, aircraft type to make search easier. Thanks.

Post 904
Fin 934/C-GFUR
Photos: Business Class (Cabin from Front and Rear)

Post 907
Fin 934/C-GFUR
Photo: Business Class (Seat 8K)

Post 1153
Fin 934/C-GFUR
Photos: Economy Class (Seat 18H/18K), (Seat 18G), (Seat 19H/19K)









Print Wikipost

Old Jun 8, 16, 9:13 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Programs: Altitude 50K
Posts: 1,472
Originally Posted by agjil View Post
This is a sad announcement for me, as I love the A side of the mini J cabin on the A330s.
I never risk booking it because if J is lightly booked, they consolidate everyone in the forward J cabin, and then you have no control over where you sit. And, every trip I've been on between YUL and YVR has had a closed-off mini-cabin.
YVR72 is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 9:16 am
  #32  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Posts: 4,644
Originally Posted by YVR72 View Post
I never risk booking it because if J is lightly booked, they consolidate everyone in the forward J cabin, and then you have no control over where you sit. And, every trip I've been on between YUL and YVR has had a closed-off mini-cabin.
I have never been on a flight where the mini cabin is closed off. Plus, I have never been moved to the front cabin if the loads are light.
Wpgjetse is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 9:17 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: YUL
Programs: AC*E75 (*A Gold), Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Posts: 5,491
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse View Post
I have never been on a flight where the mini cabin is closed off. Plus, I have never been moved to the front cabin if the loads are light.
Same here. And I've been the only passenger in that mini cabin on a couple of occasions.
ffsim is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 4:50 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Posts: 1,744
Originally Posted by ac-YUL View Post
The Y cabin will remain 8-across. The current J seats take up a lot of "real estate" on the plane, so by removing the second J cabin, there is a lot of room for PY plus additional Y seats.
Thanks for this update. 9 across on an A330 is inhumane - 16.5" wide. Might as well fly Air Transat at that point. Glad it is not happening.

Do you have any information on the model of Y seats that will be used? Will they keep the current XM vintage, or use something different? Any word on whether there will be extra rows of preferred Y seats (like in the A320/21), or just bulkheads / exit rows?
Mauricio23 is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 4:59 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,035
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse View Post
Yes, the final say is up to the airlines, but the manufactures do sell/market their models and supporting numbers by their cabin set up. Boeing does market the 777 as a 10 across aircraft.
And Airbus markets the 380 as 11 across, and the new Space-Flex galley config which drastically shrinks the bathroom space to fit more seats in.

I'm not trying to say Airbus is worse, merely they both work to produce a product that the buyers want. Boeing launched the 787 as 8 across and the 777 as 9. But demand has changed, and 9 and 10 are the standard. Airbus launched the 380 with 10 across, but has produced a new config that allow 11 based on demand. Time will tell if that too becomes the standard.
rehoult is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 5:20 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, CAN
Posts: 5,813
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr View Post
That is the big selling feature between Airbus and Boeing as Airbus sells comfort for passengers at 18 and Boeing sell more profit for airlines at 17!
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse View Post
Yes, the final say is up to the airlines, but the manufactures do sell/market their models and supporting numbers by their cabin set up. Boeing does market the 777 as a 10 across aircraft.
Riiiighhht. Are you guys talking about the same Airbus that produces the A340?


"Airbus is also offering an alternative two-class layout which uses narrower economy seats (16.7in wide) to permit nine-abreast seating."

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...600-ap-393844/


So much chatter about this company vs that company. This airline vs that airline. Hard to imagine people seriously think for-profit companies would limit $$ potential for "passenger comfort" if an alternative solution would make more money.
CloudsBelow is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 5:33 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: YYZ/YUL/YOW
Programs: TK*G/E+ SPG (G)
Posts: 3,116
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow View Post
So much chatter about this company vs that company. This airline vs that airline. Hard to imagine people seriously think for-profit companies would limit $$ potential for "passenger comfort" if an alternative solution would make more money.
Whats your theory on the serious thinking at JL, TK, BA, CX et al?
yulred is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 5:43 pm
  #38  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Posts: 4,644
Originally Posted by rehoult View Post
And Airbus markets the 380 as 11 across, and the new Space-Flex galley config which drastically shrinks the bathroom space to fit more seats in.

I'm not trying to say Airbus is worse, merely they both work to produce a product that the buyers want. Boeing launched the 787 as 8 across and the 777 as 9. But demand has changed, and 9 and 10 are the standard. Airbus launched the 380 with 10 across, but has produced a new config that allow 11 based on demand. Time will tell if that too becomes the standard.
I was not saying Boeing was worse either. Both manufactures are trying to sell aircraft to airline with lower operating costs. Good new for the airlines, bad news for the pax.
Wpgjetse is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 5:51 pm
  #39  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Posts: 4,644
Originally Posted by yulred View Post
Whats your theory on the serious thinking at JL, TK, BA, CX et al?
For how long? JL and CX are planning to go to 10 across and BA is now thinking about it.
Wpgjetse is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 6:02 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: YYZ/YUL/YOW
Programs: TK*G/E+ SPG (G)
Posts: 3,116
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse View Post
For how long? JL and CX are planning to go to 10 across and BA is now thinking about it.
Source?

JL is operating 787s with 2-4-2 and 34" pitch. Long way away from the 3-3-3 31" AC 787 and the 30-31" we're going to see on these AC 330s.
yulred is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 6:20 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: YOW
Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
Posts: 4,010
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow View Post
Riiiighhht. Are you guys talking about the same Airbus that produces the A340?


"Airbus is also offering an alternative two-class layout which uses narrower economy seats (16.7in wide) to permit nine-abreast seating."

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...600-ap-393844/


So much chatter about this company vs that company. This airline vs that airline. Hard to imagine people seriously think for-profit companies would limit $$ potential for "passenger comfort" if an alternative solution would make more money.

I just read that, so Airbus is caving in!!!

Oh well, I guess we are all calling Jenny
HerpaYvr is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 6:26 pm
  #42  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Posts: 4,644
Originally Posted by yulred View Post
Source?

JL is operating 787s with 2-4-2 and 34" pitch. Long way away from the 3-3-3 31" AC 787 and the 30-31" we're going to see on these AC 330s.
From a FA on a JL fight in Nov. The 787 was first sold as 8 across, but moved to 9 across shortly after it's launch. Since JL and ANA were the first airlines to get the aircraft, they are the only airlines currently with 8 across seating that I know. You can get a lot of info when you fly and are bored.
Wpgjetse is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 6:30 pm
  #43  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Posts: 4,644
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr View Post
I just read that, so Airbus is caving in!!!

Oh well, I guess we are all calling Jenny
I can see this for the A340. It is a plane with no use. It's 4 engines make it very expensive to fly, plus other aircraft now have the same or better range. The problem is, the A330 is basically the same aircraft, Sooooooo look out.
Wpgjetse is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 6:39 pm
  #44  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: YHZ/YQM
Programs: Aeroplan
Posts: 1,593
Transat has been using 9 across A330's for quite some time now. If AC converted their's to Rouge I expect they would as well, but not for mainline.
smallmj is offline  
Old Jun 8, 16, 6:47 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: Eupgrade4Lyfe, Gifted E50K, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Posts: 5,691
Originally Posted by smallmj View Post
Transat has been using 9 across A330's for quite some time now. If AC converted their's to Rouge I expect they would as well, but not for mainline.
Why not, 777 is already a complete dumpster on fire freak show.
Jumper Jack is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread