Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Pass Waiting period

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I am wondering if it has something to do with the first FP purchase? Perhaps, for those of us who buy them frequently, AC has no concern with the payment.
I have a suspicion about what triggers the hold (look who started this thread, after all ), but no data to prove it.

It was not DC's first FP purchase.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: AA, AC
Interesting. I've never had this problem in a sample of 50+ flight passes. I always wait until the moment I need to book a flight before buying a new flight pass. I've never been unable to book a flight within seconds after completing the flight pass purchase.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Like many others, I buy the flight pass when I'm ready to book. For me that is usually about 3 hours before the flight departs. Just did this a week ago, glad I didn't have this issue.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bought a FP this afternoon and booked 6 segments for travel next week
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by acysb87
Bought a FP this afternoon and booked 6 segments for travel next week
Show-off.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Show-off.
Trying to get to 3mm segments
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I've been told that there is no such thing as a 3MMer. Maybe you have to do it on segments!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC:50K
If you travel in 3 mm segments, just getting out of bed in the morning will earn you SE status.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cperciva
If you travel in 3 mm segments, just getting out of bed in the morning will earn you SE status.
It doesn't work that way.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I ended up just waiting 24 hours to book as the flight I wanted was down to Y1 M1, etc. and if they pulled the same trick with a Latitude pass I would have been equally screwed if someone snatched up that seat. Fortunately the seat was there the next morning and I grabbed it w/ my Flex pass.

It's true I don't fly AC often and I've never bought an FP before. Recently I've had to give in after AS/QX cut 1/3 YYC-SEA frequencies ostensibly due to QX's regional pilot shortage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.