Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Pass Waiting period

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Curiosity just got the better of me and I bought a new FP. I did see the company field that I never noticed before (it is optional and have never input in it). I did not at any time see any reference to a 24 hour hold. I immediately received email confirmation of purchase of the FP.

I noticed that the FP FAQ says

Perhaps when you remove your AE number and input your UA MP number, it throws an error because it can no longer validate the eligibility of the traveller to use the FP.
Oh, I do not remove the AE number. Cannot do that. Only at OLCI do I perform the FF# change.

I receive the same confirmation immediately after purchasing an FP, and my confirmation email says "Name of Educational Institution: <companynamehere>". This is because I do fill in the Company Name.

It's when I log in to the FP and attempt to do a booking that I run into a hindrance... 24 hours later it's all good. If you're still within the first 24 hours, go check to see if you can actually perform a booking. Also Flex might be different than Lattitude, method of payment (amex vs CC), certain FPs perhaps under some promotion... not sure.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Flex FP paid by Amex. Manage My Flight Pass offered me flights that were within 24 hours of buying the FP as well as later ones. Chose flight that was just about exactly 24 hours after FP purchase (coincidence) and already in OLCI window. Completed OLCI and eUp confirmed and seat selected.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Bought Southwestern pass today and they're enforcing the 24 hour rule. I don't think this is very customer friendly and I call BS on needing to take 24 hours to "finalize" the purchase. Amex has certainly already approved the purchase...

Maybe they could say you can't buy this pass and use it right away for travel within 24 hours, but let you book seats 1 week+ out.

Despite this, the expiration of the pass is still 365 days after purchase, including the day I couldn't use it.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I've never had these 24-hour issues. As soon as I book the FP I can book a flight 30 seconds after.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AwardBee
Bought Southwestern pass today and they're enforcing the 24 hour rule. I don't think this is very customer friendly and I call BS on needing to take 24 hours to "finalize" the purchase. Amex has certainly already approved the purchase...

Maybe they could say you can't buy this pass and use it right away for travel within 24 hours, but let you book seats 1 week+ out.

Despite this, the expiration of the pass is still 365 days after purchase, including the day I couldn't use it.
Give it another try. I have never had to wait.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:10 am

The Book button is grayed out and I can't click it

Would it be different if I bought the Latitude version?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite

I can't say for sure. I do, however, always purchase lat. I have never seen that, and I have purchased a few.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:28 am
alc

i had 3 FP ever and none of them have this, last one being just last month. I also help a few others on getting a FP and then book the flight right away as well.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by alc
i had 3 FP ever and none of them have this, last one being just last month. I also help a few others on getting a FP and then book the flight right away as well.
+1.

Only for me the number is more like 100 than 3.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:58 am

Please tell me I'm clicking the wrong "Book a flight" button...

Otherwise I'll just call and get them to refund and maybe try the Latitude version

Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
This does happen sometimes. I don't know why it happens, but it is sometimes enforced.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Weird--never happened to me on dozens of flight passes. I just bought a new flight pass Friday and booked a flight in minutes after buying it. Just like everything else in AC's IT, obviously YMMV.

Presume it is ok now?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Weird--never happened to me on dozens of flight passes. I just bought a new flight pass Friday and booked a flight in minutes after buying it. Just like everything else in AC's IT, obviously YMMV.

Presume it is ok now?
I am wondering if it has something to do with the first FP purchase? Perhaps, for those of us who buy them frequently, AC has no concern with the payment.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I am wondering if it has something to do with the first FP purchase? Perhaps, for those of us who buy them frequently, AC has no concern with the payment.
If I recall correctly, then I think the first time I bought a flight pass, there was a 24-hour wait period before I could book.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

I've also been able to book my Flex FP flights as soon as I purchased the FP. And I'm talking about this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.