Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUpgrade waitlisted for AC845 (July 2nd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS

Hi guys,

I just booked a Latitude (B) fare from FRA->YYC->YVR on July 2nd for myself and a coworker. I was able to immediately upgrade the YYC->YVR flight, but the FRA->YYC leg is waitlisted. A few questions:-

1) Does anyone know what P/R is for AC845 on that date?

2) Looking at a new ticket on aircanada.com, it still shows as seats available for upgrade (not waitlisted) when checking "show seats for upgrade". I'm assuming this doesn't reflect real availability?

3) The booking was made by my corporate TA, but when accessing the seat selection tool, I see the FRA->YYC leg listed twice, once with "Upgrade Status: HK" and another with "Upgrade Status: PA". AC221 is listed once with status "HK" and Fare Type "Business Class". The outbound flights are on LH and also have status HK, but without an upgrade request/possibility.

Is my booking OK and I should just wait for P space to open up? Or is something off with the PA status and split booking?

FWIW my coworker doesn't have any status with AC. I am E50K.

Thanks
Old May 20, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
There are 2 P seats available

I'd phone ASAP
Old May 20, 2016, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
There are 2 P seats available

I'd phone ASAP
Just did. He said there are 20 seats open and that my upgrade should clear in mid-June. I mentioned that there are 2 P spots open and he didn't seem to know what to do.

He said the two entries in my list for the original booking, and the waitlisted segment.

Should I HUCA?
Old May 20, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Just did. He said there are 20 seats open and that my upgrade should clear in mid-June. I mentioned that there are 2 P spots open and he didn't seem to know what to do.

He said the two entries in my list for the original booking, and the waitlisted segment.

Should I HUCA?
Yes. HUCA for another agent or to get a supervisor to do it. I've needed to explain the P/Z from B/Y/O to an agent before too.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Yes. HUCA for another agent or to get a supervisor to do it. I've needed to explain the P/Z from B/Y/O to an agent before too.
Called a second agent (on the line now) and he insists it comes from R space. He said premium economy comes from P space.

This agent claims the upgrade will likely clear at the airport, rather than mid June.
Old May 21, 2016, 12:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
He is wrong. Tell the agent that they are (politely) useless and to ask them to ask the resource desk.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:00 am

I hate hearing about things like this. It should be black and white. O/Y/B International upgrades come from P not R
Old May 21, 2016, 1:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I hate hearing about things like this. It should be black and white. O/Y/B International upgrades come from P not R
Tell that to the AC agents.

yyznomad has been on the receiving end of crap like this.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: AC*SE, IHG Platinum, Hyatt, SPG, FlyingBlueS
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Tell that to the AC agents.

yyznomad has been on the receiving end of crap like this.
From the Air Canada Eupgrade site

"For eligible customers travelling on international flights with a Latitude (booking classes Y and B) or Premium Economy Flexible (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “P” booking class at time of request. For eligible customers travelling on North American and Caribbean flights with a Latitude (booking class Y, B) or Premium Economy Flexible fare (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “Z” booking class at time of request."

I too have requested upgrades for 897 July 12 and 876 for July 15, but been waitlisted for both. Not sure of the availability of P on those flight.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrooywg
From the Air Canada Eupgrade site

"For eligible customers travelling on international flights with a Latitude (booking classes Y and B) or Premium Economy Flexible (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “P” booking class at time of request. For eligible customers travelling on North American and Caribbean flights with a Latitude (booking class Y, B) or Premium Economy Flexible fare (booking class O) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “Z” booking class at time of request."

I too have requested upgrades for 897 July 12 and 876 for July 15, but been waitlisted for both. Not sure of the availability of P on those flight.
My point was that AC has basically told us to suck on a cucumber.

And this is not directed at you, it is directed at AC.

Learn your own policy AC. Ridiculous.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by mrooywg
from the air canada eupgrade site

"for eligible customers travelling on international flights with a latitude (booking classes y and b) or premium economy flexible (booking class o) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “p” booking class at time of request. For eligible customers travelling on north american and caribbean flights with a latitude (booking class y, b) or premium economy flexible fare (booking class o) fare, upgrades are based on the availability of “z” booking class at time of request."

i too have requested upgrades for 897 july 12 and 876 for july 15, but been waitlisted for both. Not sure of the availability of p on those flight.
AC897/12JUL P1 - get on the phone!!!!
AC876/15JUL P0

Need to know the rest of your flights for Jul 12 and Jul 15 to see if the married segment logic is causing issues for you also.

Last edited by yyz_atc_qq; May 21, 2016 at 1:30 am
Old May 21, 2016, 1:29 am

I think I may have an answer as to why the OP isn't getting the upgrade.

BLOODY MARRIED SEGMENT LOGIC!!!! I hate hate hate hate hate it.

When I check EF for FRA-YVR (FRA-YYC-YVR) AC845 is P0, but when I check FRA-YYC only, AC845 is P2
Old May 21, 2016, 2:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I think I may have an answer as to why the OP isn't getting the upgrade.

BLOODY MARRIED SEGMENT LOGIC!!!! I hate hate hate hate hate it.

When I check EF for FRA-YVR (FRA-YYC-YVR) AC845 is P0, but when I check FRA-YYC only, AC845 is P2
The upgrade system looks at it segment by segment - not based on married segment logic.

Unless they've changed something recently.
Old May 21, 2016, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The upgrade system looks at it segment by segment - not based on married segment logic.

Unless they've changed something recently.
Other than agent ineptitude this is the only other reasonable explanation.
Old May 21, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: AC*SE, IHG Platinum, Hyatt, SPG, FlyingBlueS
AC897/12JUL P1 - get on the phone!!!!
AC876/15JUL P0

Need to know the rest of your flights for Jul 12 and Jul 15 to see if the married segment logic is causing issues for you also.
Thanks yyz_atc_qq
Called up AC, and got the same … "no inventory available" response. Flights are
July 12 - AC 897 (Waitlisted), connecting to AC556 (Upgrade Cleared)
July 15 - AC786 (Upgrade cleared), connecting to AC876 (Waitlisted)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.