Wiki Posts
Search

The Australia Flight Pass is here!

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2016, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
The Australia Flight Pass is here!

Got an email about a promo flight pass to Australia and haven't seen a post here about it.

2 passenger, 6 credit, Flex/Lat/PE/Business, 6-month (extendable,) various prices. $12k for a 6-credit Latitude pass from Eastern Canada seems like a pretty good deal.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I like how they don't say what booking class is used for Lat or PE.....
Old May 17, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I like how they don't say what booking class is used for Lat or PE.....
I know they didn't say the details for Lat and PE, but just putting the footnote rules here for others...

1 One flight credit is equivalent to a one-way trip per person, including connecting flights.

2 Air Canada flight service to Brisbane begins on June 1st, 2016.

3 Flight credit bookings using the Western Canada to Australia or Eastern Canada to Australia 6-credit Flight Pass in Flex are subject to the availability of Flex H booking class only. On Air Canada’s International routes, the Flex fare is composed of the following booking classes, listed from the smallest inventory to the highest inventory: V, Q, H, U and M.

4 Flight credit bookings using the Western Canada to Australia or Eastern Canada to Australia 6-credit Flight Pass in Business Class (lowest) are subject to the availability of Business Class (lowest) D booking class only. On Air Canada’s International routes, the Business Class (lowest) fare is composed of the following booking classes, listed from the smallest inventory to the highest inventory: P, Z, D and C.

5 The Australia Flight Pass is valid for 6 months from the moment of purchase. Option of a 3-month extension for the following fee, plus applicable taxes, depending on the fare purchased: $250 CAD fee for Flex, $300 CAD fee for Latitude, $350 CAD fee for Premium Economy or $400 CAD fee for Business Class (lowest). This fee is subject to change and will be assessed at time of Flight Pass extension.

6 Advertised price is for 6 flight credits. Prices include all taxes (including GST, where applicable), fees and surcharges and vary according to selected travel zone. Pricing is subject to change at any time. The purchase of a Flight Pass is contingent on an Aeroplan membership.

7 Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS), combined with the number of Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) earned will determine your Altitude status. To learn more about Altitude visit altitude.aircanada.com
Old May 17, 2016, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
This pass offering is interesting as it seems AC is confident there will be enough traffic on the routes for some people to prefer a pass.

Screen shots for East and West (for those who like the visual element)

Attached Images   
Old May 17, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
CPM slash line for the Eastern version (ex-YYZ): .176/.165 /.215/.276

ex-YVR: .199/.185/.236/.274
Old May 17, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
On this pass, I will pass.
Old May 17, 2016, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Given that PE is more expensive than Latitude, one would expect/presume that it is PE flexible.

The Latitude fare is priced at typical Flex round trip - a good deal if you are gonig to OZ a few times.
Old May 17, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
From the T&C:
Flight credit bookings are subject to availability for the Premium Economy fare option; booking class O.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:16 pm
Original Member

SE status in 2 purchases. (YYZ-SYD)

YVR-SYD return in J 3 times, for $6398 all in, each trip.

A decade too late for me.
Old May 17, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: Several
I guess it's good for those wanting to fly AC or to purchase fairly last minute. I just cannot imagine paying these prices to simply fly to Oz.

I have a home in Oz and fly back and forth every few months. My family lives in Perth, Western Australia. From Calgary or Edmonton to Perth I never pay over $2K return. For example I just flew my niece over here to spend time with my family here whilst we deal with being evacuated from Fort McMurray and I paid $1350 return (PER/YEG/PER) on China Southern in Y. She flew on the 787 and said the service was super. (Although she did say it was not nearly as good as Singapore Airlines hehehe - perhaps she's becoming an airline snob like me). I booked her $1350 ticket only 5 days before she came over so the price was right.

Just wanting to give a comparison to the AC flight passes - and I do understand there are other benefits involved on the flight passes.

Cheers!
Old May 17, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Reasonable Latitude prices - especially considering they should be upgradeable immediately after purchase.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WestonC
I guess it's good for those wanting to fly AC or to purchase fairly last minute. I just cannot imagine paying these prices to simply fly to Oz.

I have a home in Oz and fly back and forth every few months. My family lives in Perth, Western Australia. From Calgary or Edmonton to Perth I never pay over $2K return. For example I just flew my niece over here to spend time with my family here whilst we deal with being evacuated from Fort McMurray and I paid $1350 return (PER/YEG/PER) on China Southern in Y. She flew on the 787 and said the service was super. (Although she did say it was not nearly as good as Singapore Airlines hehehe - perhaps she's becoming an airline snob like me). I booked her $1350 ticket only 5 days before she came over so the price was right.

Just wanting to give a comparison to the AC flight passes - and I do understand there are other benefits involved on the flight passes.

Cheers!
Flight passes are not for people who book months out expecting to never change the flight and end up in a Y seat

I think the longest flight from a FP booking where I've sat in Y was SFO-YVR on a SFO-YVR-YYZ booking.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
4K R/T for instant business seems pretty good to me TBH
Old May 18, 2016, 12:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
4K R/T for instant business seems pretty good to me TBH
Ditto.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Ditto.
And thats from a super cheap guy, maybe AC under priced? LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.