Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

TD Aeroplan VISA Promo 2016 - May 10 to June 26 (Not Sign-Up Bonus)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 7:16 pm
alc
Original Poster

This promo show up on my TD Aeroplan VISA statement this month:

http://www.aircanada.com/earn5miles

Give your Aeroplan Mile balance a boost

Earn 5 Aeroplan Miles1 per $1 spent at aircanada.com

TDŽ AeroplanŽ Credit Cardholders, don’t miss out on this chance to stack up some serious miles! Make a purchase with your TD Aeroplan Credit Card at aircanada.com and you’ll earn 5 Aeroplan Miles for every $1 spent.

Register and book your flight between May 10 and June 26, 2016.

Full T&C
TDŽ AeroplanŽ Credit Card

Ž The Aeroplan logo and Aeroplan are registered trademarks of Aimia Canada Inc.

Ž The TD logo and other trademarks are the property of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.

TM Altitude is a trademark of Air Canada.

You must be a valid TDŽ AeroplanŽ Credit Cardholder to be eligible for this promotion. You must register between May 10, 2016, and June 26, 2016. A one-time registration is required and can be completed online at aircanada.com/earn5miles.

The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not responsible for this “Time-Limited Bonus Rate" offer. See aircanada.com/earn5miles for full details. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer.

1Earn 5 Aeroplan Miles (the "Time-Limited Bonus Rate") for each $1.00 in purchases of aircanada.com products and services (excluding Air Canada Vacations packages, car rentals, hotel bookings, and other third party partner products and services that can be purchased through aircanada.com) (the "Purchases") charged to your TD Aeroplan Credit Card Account (the "Account") from 12:00:01 a.m. EST on May 10, 2016, until 11:59:59 p.m. EST on June 26, 2016, (the "Promotion Period"). Registration at aircanada.com/earn5miles during the Promotion Period is required to earn the Time-Limited Bonus Rate. Purchases made to your Account before or after the Promotion Period will not earn the Time-Limited Bonus Rate. Any returned items, refunds, rebates or other similar credits will reduce or cancel the Aeroplan Miles earned on the original Purchase. To earn this Time-Limited Bonus Rate, purchases of aircanada.com products and services must be made at merchants classified through the Visa network with a Merchant Category Code (MCC) that identifies them as aircanada.com. This Time-Limited Bonus Rate offer is in place of, and not in addition to, the standard rate earned on all other Purchases made on your Account. Please allow up to 60 days after the end of the Promotion Period for the incremental bonus miles earned between the usual rate and the Time-Limited Bonus Rate to be credited to your Aeroplan Member Account. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated. If you have questions about the MCC that applies to a Purchase, contact TD at 1‑800‑983‑8472.

Bonus Aeroplan Miles are not AltitudeTM Qualifying Miles and do not count towards Air Canada Altitude.

Bonus Aeroplan Miles cannot be sold and are non-transferable. They have no cash value and cannot be converted to cash or refunded if unused.
Old May 12, 2016, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Damn I could earn a LOT of miles if I book EYW on that card

Although I guess in the context of EYW, it wouldn't be much.
Old May 12, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Looks like TD is getting desperate to attract some spending.I got rid of my TD card after 2 years and regret taking the card. It's a good fit with Aeroplan as the quality of product is similar.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
1) Gift cards apply! So you can buy a bunch for the bonus and spend later?

2) I think the card should just offer a better bonus all the time on AC spend like US cards do for their partners. 3x at least.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:41 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Damn I could earn a LOT of miles if I book EYW on that card

Although I guess in the context of EYW, it wouldn't be much.
well, if you do end up spend CAD $5K on all EYW flights, that is 25K AP instead of 10K.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I should buy a bunch of gift cards! Probably $2500?

Last edited by tcook052; May 30, 2016 at 8:14 pm
Old May 12, 2016, 9:47 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I should buy a bunch of gift cards! Probably $2500?
just remember that you can only use up to 2 Giftcards per flight purchase and the 2nd card need to have enough money to pay the entire remaining balance. So, what I am really trying to advice you is that if you are indeed going to purchase $2500 of giftcards, you should just buy "1" giftcard of $2500 instead.

Last edited by tcook052; May 30, 2016 at 8:15 pm
Old May 12, 2016, 10:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Boo-urns. I just bought $8600 of flights on ac.com a couple days ago
Old May 12, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by adam.smith
Woops
There goes one NA J Redemption LMAO
Old May 12, 2016, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
1) Gift cards apply! So you can buy a bunch for the bonus and spend later?

2) I think the card should just offer a better bonus all the time on AC spend like US cards do for their partners. 3x at least.
Using Gift Cards to pay for your tickets void your TD Aeroplan Visa travel insurance coverage (except for the out of province medical part).
Old May 13, 2016, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by adam.smith
If you can afford to drop 8600 in a single purchase to AC, the miles are just a rounding error.
Old May 13, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by kwflyer
If you can afford to drop 8600 in a single purchase to AC, the miles are just a rounding error.
It may have been OPM, but either way, it's still over 40K miles out the door.

As a % of 8,600, that's not a rounding error.
Old May 13, 2016, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kwflyer
What a silly statement. I know that he flies for work as did I.

I dropped that amount on a regular basis but I wasnt paying for it. I would have appreciated the miles for this promotion.
Old May 13, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by alc
just remember that you can only use up to 2 Giftcards per flight purchase and the 2nd card need to have enough money to pay the entire remaining balance.
These are entirely necessary rules, put in place for good reason.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
What a silly statement. I know that he flies for work as did I.

I dropped that amount on a regular basis but I wasnt paying for it. I would have appreciated the miles for this promotion.
If someone else is subsidizing/paying for you travels you shouldn't expect the miles anyway. That is the definition of entitlement.

Not those individuals who part with their hard earned money and are "too cheap" to drop thousands on a flight for a decent flying experience.

These promos are generally geared towards the consumer and small business verticals. The ones you know, who have much more limited purchasing power and need more motivation to allocate their scarce resources.

Last edited by kwflyer; May 13, 2016 at 11:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.