Question: Altitude Luggage Tags

Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have had one tag split diagonally after jamming it into an overhead Rouge bin.Received a few Olympic luggage tags being handed out at T1 Hammerhead .Placed damaged tags into plastic tag and voila.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Altitude SE, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Had both of my new SE tags not make it to Yellowknife. The one on my carry-on split in half when going into the overhead..... what a complete joke! Sent an email to the concierge but I'm not expecting any meaningful resolution to this. How did they not test out the tags before printing thousands of them??
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Lowest bidder.
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sneakysix
Had both of my new SE tags not make it to Yellowknife.
At least you have two more...
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Thanks everyone for test-driving these Fiat-like quality tags.

I'm only going to use the 2018 tags with the 2016 red loops for small carry that will go under the seat. I'll stick with the 2017 tags for checked luggage and bulkier overhead bin items.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Normally with cost, quality and speed you get two. It seems AC has managed to only get one given the number of last minute or late packages.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Wow, I won't complain about the AC tags anymore. Just got the FT tags.

Nothing screams "Look at me, I'm an important FF" than big yellow tags that say "Priority" on them....

I'll still use them though......
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Wow, I won't complain about the AC tags anymore. Just got the FT tags.

Nothing screams "Look at me, I'm an important FF" than big yellow tags that say "Priority" on them....

I'll still use them though......
Yeah, I really wish they didn't say "priority".
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Tags package has not made it to the UK yet
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by sneakysix
...How did they not test out the tags before printing thousands of them??
Lowest cost bidder. Testing is expensive
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
In a previous post, I noted how cheap the tags felt. Being proactive, I laminated all of mine and repunched the holes myself. Haven't had any breakages yet. They look cr*ppy with the lamination but they should survive the year.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
In a previous post, I noted how cheap the tags felt. Being proactive, I laminated all of mine and repunched the holes myself. Haven't had any breakages yet. They look cr*ppy with the lamination but they should survive the year.
Send in the invoice and let us know the outcome :-)
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Tags package has not made it to the UK yet
Mine hasn't made it to Toronto yet, so don't feel badly. I finally called AP, was told they are way behind and ship on Fridays, and it sounded like there are still more shipments to go.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by DaveObee
I think we can all be judgy this year. When we see someone with new tags and new straps, we can declare the person to be a fool, or supremely confident, or an uneducated non-FTer flying for the first time since getting the swag. After all, one of my straps broke when I was attaching it to the tag. Odds of these things lasting through a round trip to anywhere? Next to nil, I would say.
I received my tags probably 2 months ago and have had a new tag/new strap on my backpack since then, without any trouble. I very, very rarely check a bag, but gave little yhztraveler #2 a couple of 2017 tags to check some bags today, thanks to FT.

new tags for carry on only....
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:03 pm

Still haven't got mine in Central Alberta. Tweeted ac altitude yesterday, and they responded all packages had been shipped. *shrug*

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.