Search

Question: Altitude Luggage Tags

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: AC*SE 100K
No 75K yet....
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, Current Titanium, AC SE, x-SPG fanatic
Called in this AM for replacements as I don't have my tags yet, assuming they are lost, was told they still have packages that have not been mailed out and I should expect it by March....she also told me to continue to use my current tags and bring an electronic version on my phone in case I get issues at the airport....so helpful (note slight sarcasm)
vernonc likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life, Air Canada 75K, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Still no Super Elite package for 2018 notwithstanding 160K BIS and 60K in spend in 2017. I called after both LH (in FRA) and LX (in GVA) gave me some difficulty using my boarding pass with my electronic card. While still valid until the end of the month, I had accidentally left my 2017 card in my old passport wallet atop my dresser in Montreal.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AmericanMontrealer
Still no Super Elite package for 2018 notwithstanding 160K BIS and 60K in spend in 2017. I called after both LH (in FRA) and LX (in GVA) gave me some difficulty using my boarding pass with my electronic card. While still valid until the end of the month, I had accidentally left my 2017 card in my old passport wallet atop my dresser in Montreal.
What BP?

AC BPs will say "AC *G" on them, which, combined with LH's lounge entry systems, has always been enough. I haven't needed to present a card for the Senator lounge in years.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: SE100K, AA, Aerolineas, Aeroflot
Also called Aeroplan and was told there was no hurry because they had until March to mail them all out. When I expressed disatisfaction I was told it doesn’t matter because even without luggage tags or other evidence, as soon as I check in for a flight the computers will recognise my SE status. Also I can still use the 75k phone number from last year and they will see I am now SE. I guess “longtimeflyin” above is correct that “the vast majority of people use it to reinforce their sense of self worth (or lack thereof)” because we don’t really need to display our status to other travellers with fancy luggage tags. If Aeroplan is correct we don’t need any card or symbol to show our Altitude level, because it is all in their computers. However, maybe I am being an elitist elite, but I do enjoy the perks of being a 50k, 75k or SE member, and I admit to a sense of satisfaction (self-worth?) in using the Altitude labels.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What BP?

AC BPs will say "AC *G" on them, which, combined with LH's lounge entry systems, has always been enough. I haven't needed to present a card for the Senator lounge in years.
+1x10^6
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life, Air Canada 75K, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
What BP?

It’s been enough for you, but clearly it wasn’t for me. While I was granted entry by both LH and LX, I was asked for my card by each airline and neither was pleased with the electronic version on my phone.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:17 pm

What BP?

It’s been enough for you, but clearly it wasn’t for me. While I was granted entry by both LH and LX, I was asked for my card by each airline and neither was pleased with the electronic version on my phone.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Weird.

I have been in SAS and LH lounges multiple times this week, each time I scanned my BP on my phone and had no issue with access (I too don't yet have my 2018 package). Nobody asked to see my AC card, and I agree with cow that I can't remember the last time someone did at any *A lounge - it has been years.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I finally found my 2017 tags last night.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
In YYZ, and received my E75K today (Feb. 15). I made my selections in mid-January.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Received my E50K tags for this year Feb 21st. GTA.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
The folks paying for the suite generally don't care about stupid luggage tags. While they serve a purpose, I would say the vast majority of people use it to reinforce their sense of self worth (or lack thereof).
Since I have not recd my SE package yet, I am feeling a distinct lack of self worth :-0
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by vernonc
I am feeling a distinct lack of self worth :-0
Ah geez
Someone give my dude a hug to make him feel worthy again
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Ah geez
Someone give my dude a hug to make him feel worthy again
That's ok, I am heading to Costco in California this evening for my single malt pick me up. No hugs reqd. But I want my Peever title if I don't get my pkg by the end of this month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.