Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Altitude Luggage Tags

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
2018 SE Kit Has Arrived

I forgot to check my mail all week. Checked it today and my 2018 SE Kit has arrived. Attached is a photo. The new straps are plastic, kind off like the clear ones from a few years ago. The rest of the kit was basically the same as last year. Letter from Ben, MLL passes, Sheraton coupons and a Air Canada Boutique coupon.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Is it just the photo or did those cards / tags arrive scratched?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Is it just the photo or did those cards / tags arrive scratched?
The cards have a matte finish this year so the flash on the camera picked up anything on the cards. They are not scratched.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by 172pilot
The cards have a matte finish this year so the flash on the camera picked up anything on the cards. They are not scratched.
Got it. Thanks! Hoping to get mine soon (but not counting on it given how long last year's package took for me).
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by 172pilot
But they do feel and look cheap to me--just perusing my collection of 20 SE cards and this is one of the worst IMO (not that I use it that much!)
mileageking likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I Got Mine about a week ago. The plastic tag holders have a littler ball on the end of them so the tags really dangle and I fear will get easily ripped off. Disappointed that they are no longer putting my address on the tags, which renders them. Virtually pointless when flying another carrier - perhaps that was the point.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
I think they look nice... Anyone received the packs for other levels and have photos?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:34 pm

1MM is now shown in a small circle (1 shown in middle and million miles stated around it).
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
No sign of mine yet. Should we begin taking bets on when Peevers will arrive ?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Got mine today, too. Similar to OP - was away all week and just checked mail today.

I like the new card and baggage tags. The finish is 2/3 matte and 1/3 gloss. I also like the discreet, simple appearance. Sometimes less is more...
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by The Lev
I Got Mine about a week ago. The plastic tag holders have a littler ball on the end of them so the tags really dangle and I fear will get easily ripped off. Disappointed that they are no longer putting my address on the tags, which renders them. Virtually pointless when flying another carrier - perhaps that was the point.
I haven't received mine yet. The plastic tag holder does look flimsy in pictures. I may end up looping my new tags through the old metal wire holders.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I haven't received mine yet. The plastic tag holder does look flimsy in pictures. I may end up looping my new tags through the old metal wire holders.
While the old metal wires never failed, I found that they eventually cut the hold in the baggage tag and then I had a nice wire on my luggage and no tag. Way too many times! I don't recall this happening with the red-coated wire fasteners.

I am assuming the new loops are some kind of "tougher than steel" carbon fibre material.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by vernonc
No sign of mine yet. Should we begin taking bets on when Peevers will arrive ?
I'll bet on a timely delivery this year. If, of course, he qualified.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Is it just me.. or similar to the new AC livery, looks utterly bland and meh...
The ac logo text looks very unpolished... gives off a dollar store vibe

Though it could be the camera lighting I guess.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.