Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Elite benefits on AP awards ticket?

Elite benefits on AP awards ticket?

Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Question Elite benefits on AP awards ticket?

I tried the good ol' search function but I wasn't successful. I'm sure the question has been answered many times so forgive me...

I'll be booking my first AP award ticket soon. Just wondering...do our elite benefits as a E50, E75K or SE extend to an AP booking?

e.g. 3 pieces of luggage on AC metal, priority boarding, lounge access, priority luggage tags, access to preferred seats, etc.,?

I recall reading that our FF# does not appear on the boarding pass...so I'm not really sure on "process."

Hope some of you experts can advise.

Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Yes they do. Be sure to bring your Altitude card in case they ask or try and deny you these benefits. It really depends on the agent but all your privileges should apply.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:33 pm
alc

Only SE get preferred seats on Fixed Miles rewards ticket, while Market Fare seems to base on what fare they really book you on to.... and if you book the ticket from your own account, there is a higher chance your status will show on your boarding pass.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've never had my status not show up when the miles come out of my own account.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've never had my status not show up when the miles come out of my own account.
+1
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by alc
Only SE get preferred seats on Fixed Miles rewards ticket, while Market Fare seems to base on what fare they really book you on to.... and if you book the ticket from your own account, there is a higher chance your status will show on your boarding pass.
E50 and 75K get complimentary preferred seats on Domestic/US flights, and 50% discount on Int'l. But you have to call in.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:03 am
alc

Originally Posted by Academic
E50 and 75K get complimentary preferred seats on Domestic/US flights, and 50% discount on Int'l. But you have to call in.
I was just stating the official policy: (Red Text Bolded are mine)

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...rredseats.html

Is there a charge for selecting a Preferred seat?

Preferred seat selection is complimentary if you’re travelling on a Latitude fare, as well as for you and your travel companion(s) on the same booking if you are:

• an Altitude Super Elite 100K member travelling on a Flex or Tango fare, or an Aeroplan Flight Reward;
  • an Altitude Elite 75K member travelling on a Flex fare;
  • an Altitude Elite 50K member travelling on a Flex fare in Canada or between Canada and the U.S.
You'll save 50% on Preferred seat charges for you and your travel companion(s) on the same booking if you are:

• an Altitude Elite 50K member travelling on a Flex fare between Canada and an international destination;
  • an Altitude Elite 35K or Prestige 25K member travelling on a Flex fare.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Academic
On reward tickets, too? That's not my understanding of the benefit, nor what's posted online.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by alc
I was just stating the official policy: (Red Text Bolded are mine)

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...rredseats.html
Interestingly enough...I tried booking my preferred seats on my reward ticket, and the system tried charging me fees, as an SE.

I had to call in to AC reservations to bypass the nonsense.

I really hope my status appears on my boarding pass tomorrow morning.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
interested to hear how things went with your SE status and an aeroplan award ticket. I just booked an international award ticket in premium economy for myself and family (wife and 2 kids) and was wondering the exact same thing (if any / all SE benefits apply on an aeroplan award ticket).
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by ajcopley
interested to hear how things went with your SE status and an aeroplan award ticket. I just booked an international award ticket in premium economy for myself and family (wife and 2 kids) and was wondering the exact same thing (if any / all SE benefits apply on an aeroplan award ticket).
They should all apply. It might require some calls and heated talks with (at) a TA or GA, but the status is yours (and your parties), not your tickets.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Ridiculous to even have to wonder this. No wonder AC is dumping Aeroplan

Been elite on many other airlines and never once had to even question if my award tickets would be eligible for elite privileges.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ajcopley
Ridiculous to even have to wonder this. No wonder AC is dumping Aeroplan

Been elite on many other airlines and never once had to even question if my award tickets would be eligible for elite privileges.
My SE benefits have always applied when I book an Aeroplan reward ticket on AC metal. My S100K and MM status show on the BP. My status shows correctly on the PIL. I used SE checkin line. I used priority security line. I got lounge access. i got Zone 1 boarding privilege. etc. etc. etc. Never had an issue and was never questioned.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
My SE benefits have always applied when I book an Aeroplan reward ticket on AC metal. My S100K and MM status show on the BP. My status shows correctly on the PIL. I used SE checkin line. I used priority security line. I got lounge access. i got Zone 1 boarding privilege. etc. etc. etc. Never had an issue and was never questioned.
My son had the same privileges once, on an AE flight out of my account.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
My son had the same privileges once, on an AE flight out of my account.
Did AC accuse him of using his dad's Aeroplan number?
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.