Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Possible to get upgrade from tango y to rouge plus?

Old Apr 12, 16, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

I'm booked from YVR - OGG in Tango y. I do not have any eupgrades. Is there any chance of a free upgrade to rouge plus or know the cost of an upgrade at check in?
Old Apr 12, 16, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC SE
Is it me or has there been a deluge of "what are my chances of being upgraded for free" posts today?
Old Apr 12, 16, 6:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex Platinum, AmEx AP+ Platinum, NEXUS/GE, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
Is it me or has there been a deluge of "what are my chances of being upgraded for free" posts today?
My thoughts exactly; there is something about today. I ended up piggy-backing off of some of these posts and got all my stupid questions out of the way though.
Old Apr 12, 16, 6:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex Platinum, AmEx AP+ Platinum, NEXUS/GE, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Although I wonder if an update to the Wiki or the sticky would help. I'm seeing a certain pattern from most of these posts; primarily trying to get to J from Y (isn't everyone, heh), but there is some confusion about having status/not having status and how the upgrades are handled at the gate etc (going back to status priority again).

I'm pretty sure if we searched properly, we'd find most of the information we're looking for, however, majority of the crowd (myself included; guilty) think they have a unique case and needs unique attention)
Old Apr 12, 16, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
There's this thread started by Ben in 2014

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-priority.html

or this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...s-here-56.html

OTOH, if odds are what you all are looking for, then we need a gambling thread
Old Apr 12, 16, 8:24 pm

Programs: Eupgrade4Lyfe, Gifted E50K, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
There's this thread started by Ben in 2014

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-priority.html

or this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...s-here-56.html

OTOH, if odds are what you all are looking for, then we need a gambling thread
Problem being if reports of certain members are true, Op Ups(Free Upgrade) are not exactly accurate.
Old Apr 12, 16, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
So many of these threads or posts are non-status non-FT contributors wanting free lounge passes, free upgrade certificates, free discount codes, and op-ups.
Hope springs eternal and so on, but it always amazes me that people would not think that the FT community members wouldn't have friends, family, and coworkers to give those free things to. It's not like upgrade points and lounge passes are crowding us out of our basements. Dear lurkers, contribute to the community first, and want J, buy J.
Old Apr 12, 16, 9:48 pm
formerly yvrgary

Programs: AC 75K, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyquiet View Post
So many of these threads or posts are non-status non-FT contributors wanting free lounge passes, free upgrade certificates, free discount codes, and op-ups.
Hope springs eternal and so on, but it always amazes me that people would not think that the FT community members wouldn't have friends, family, and coworkers to give those free things to. It's not like upgrade points and lounge passes are crowding us out of our basements. Dear lurkers, contribute to the community first, and want J, buy J.
Half fall into the category of "you all fly so much you must have drawers full of GPU certs and lounge passes, and you'll be thrilled to give me a dozen of each" and half fall into "don't care what it looks like, as long as I get a 1% chance of success".
Old Apr 12, 16, 9:50 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
However, each one has a common uniqueness. Or a unique commonality.
Old Apr 12, 16, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet View Post
...but it always amazes me that people would not think that the FT community members wouldn't have friends, family, and coworkers to give those free things to...
Nooooo; you don't say. Time for me to call it quits I guess; I always thought I'd make an awesome brother or a sister or an uncle or aunt (its complicated; will need 50 credits to explain).

On a serious note, I'd like to bring attention to some of the new posters (including myself) as well who've joined FT primarily to learn and gain from experienced flyers, not necessarily ask for credits, op-ups etc.
Old Apr 12, 16, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hsandhar View Post
On a serious note, I'd like to bring attention to some of the new posters (including myself) as well who've joined FT primarily to learn and gain from experienced flyers, not necessarily ask for credits, op-ups etc.
You'll find that the experienced fliers are eager to share. The opinions will vary, though.
Old Apr 12, 16, 10:02 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
The big difference is the new enthusiast joins in the conversation, or even, memorably, as did a certain bovine, extracts a whack of data from past posts and reports on a statistical analysis of it. I was only half kidding when I suggested we codify the questions and answers and when someone posts "can I have a lounge pass for FRA MLL and will someone upgrade me and my gal on our non-status Tango honeymoon?" we can say "23, 68, 17".
Old Apr 12, 16, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by YEG2MM View Post
You'll find that the experienced fliers are eager to share. The opinions will vary, though.
And thats the best part and the main reason I visit FT almost every 2-3 hours to see whats everyone talking about. The varying opinions make this place unique and I think challenges everyone to stay on top of their game.

I don't want to name any names but I've received advice from some of the top/most informative posters here and you can't put a price on it. I'm chasing status not handouts, there are quite a few like me, and we truly appreciate all the advice we get here.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: