Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recognizing your loyalty

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by rehoult
I think it's a wider rollout than that. The agent working YUL Dom MLL today similarly had a new name tag with the 'Premier Agent' designation.
Good. Because I'd think a $15k fare today is worth more than $500k in past fares flown...
Old Jun 10, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Any more experiences with this alleged new policy? I've yet to notice any difference at the airport or in the air. In fact from my last few visits, the YVR domestic MLL staff seem to have shifted to silent interaction mode.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
This policy seems to be trickling through. At the YYZ trans-border MLL on Tuesday this week, the agent specifically asked me how my day was going and if there was anything that they could do for me. During checkin YYZ-YUL on Thursday, the agent noticed that my TA had not booked me a preferred seat and offered me a better seat. During checkin YUL-YYZ on Thursday, as I posted in another thread, the agent changed my flight that I missed and then ran over to the concierge to get the seat assigned.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by antirealist
Any more experiences with this alleged new policy? I've yet to notice any difference at the airport or in the air. In fact from my last few visits, the YVR domestic MLL staff seem to have shifted to silent interaction mode.
YVR MLL yesterday The staff was quite had to ask what gate I was at, surprised that they did not offer to write it on the boarding pass.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: AC100K MM, IHG Spire, Mariott Bonvoy lifetime titanium
Not at YYZ nor YHZ MLL nor in the air
Old Jun 10, 2016, 8:14 am

YVR-YYC yesterday, the very efficient FA came around and addressed the SEs by name and thanked them for being SE. I might start expecting this regularly
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:13 am

Flying YYC-FRA on Wednesday this week, Concierge was on hand at the gate to check on the SEs (they know many of us by sight), came on board to check with a couple of them and the crew were also proactive in recognizing status.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LTPP, Avis +
I've had YYC lounge check in staff stumble while saying: Mr XX thank you flying Air Canada. We appreciate your business. I like it but seems they're not yet used to saying it yet. Nothing changed in YYZ yet - the usually "thank you [Mr XX]".
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Nothing about my loyalty on entering the YYC lounge today. Nothing on the plane either. They're only serving drinks, but I would have thought taking the meal order was the time to do it.

Haven't noticed it any other time either.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:13 pm

SD interacted with me yesterday, thanked me for choosing Air Canada, and addressed me by name. J seat, UA*S BP. Uneventful, normal flight.

GA on the other hand, kept pulling from Zone 3+ line as I stood in the Zone 1 line.

In a way, this might have been beneficial for Altitude members who were in Zone 3+, by remotely sensing that I was not Altitude and thus not pulling me. I expect AC to fart on non-Altitudes, which of course, recognizes the status of Altitude members more.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
SD interacted with me yesterday, thanked me for choosing Air Canada, and addressed me by name. J seat, UA*S BP. Uneventful, normal flight.

GA on the other hand, kept pulling from Zone 3+ line as I stood in the Zone 1 line.

In a way, this might have been beneficial for Altitude members who were in Zone 3+, by remotely sensing that I was not Altitude and thus not pulling me. I expect AC to fart on non-Altitudes, which of course, recognizes the status of Altitude members more.
The only Altitude members in 3+ are P25Ks in Y.

Also, that is a situation where I would literally step in front. You are absolutely entitled to board at your leisure.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Obviously SD did not get the memo that AC is not grateful for your loyalty.

See the GA got the memo. Maybe the GA and MLL agents are on the same Facebook group.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Obviously SD did not get the memo that AC is not grateful for your loyalty.

See the GA got the memo. Maybe the GA and MLL agents are on the same Facebook group.
It's funny, because that GA used to recognize me as I have been through that station frequently. But I think she was busy dealing with that pax with 3 carry-ons she didn't really make eye contact when finally pulling me forward.

I find the onboard soft experience improving in strides. Still well behind others imho, but most would say I'm biased. Of course, I feel I am objective.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Does recognizing your loyalty also include upgrading your status? For some reason I am no longer showing as a E50K but as a E75K. Is this a glitch on AC's part or did someone upgrade my Altitude membership (I think SEs can only gift E50K right)? I am almost afraid to ask AC (and bit nervous mentioning this on the board) but I am so curious. So, did anyone else notice an unexplained bump up in their Altitude membership level?

If it was AC...many thanks!!
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Does recognizing your loyalty also include upgrading your status? For some reason I am no longer showing as a E50K but as a E75K. Is this a glitch on AC's part or did someone upgrade my Altitude membership (I think SEs can only gift E50K right)? I am almost afraid to ask AC (and bit nervous mentioning this on the board) but I am so curious. So, did anyone else notice an unexplained bump up in their Altitude membership level?

If it was AC...many thanks!!
When you check the Altitude site, what do your AQM/AQS show? And I assume your status shows E75K there too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.