Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else keep their old Altitude baggage tags?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone else keep their old Altitude baggage tags?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
...No.
No sense of humour.

I waited to see how many pages this thread would go. Clearly at 3 pages in, I felt it was the perfect time to break the pattern of everyone talking about their various Peacock feathers.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by PilotTobe
I like using my old E35K tags and when boarding say "I can't believe they upgraded me of all people"....

Haven't done it yet, but based on some reactions on FT I am tempted to!
When you think you successfully pulled off the joke but a SE MM behind you sees what happened.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Apr 9, 2016 at 4:12 pm
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I have an amenity kit full of bag tags from all programmes. Used to keep them on my carry-on, now I just keep them. For what? I don't know. I like them.

I no longer have any tag on my carry-on. I love when people look at me in the line-up like I don't belong, and then the Concierge runs up, hugging and smiling, and I sit in J. Then the crew comes up, and is so excited to see me! Everybody must thing I'm the kid of an employee. Good on them!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jlisi984
....I no longer have any tag on my carry-on. I love when people look at me in the line-up like I don't belong, and then the Concierge runs up, hugging and smiling, and I sit in J. Then the crew comes up, and is so excited to see me! Everybody must thing I'm the kid of an employee. Good on them!
AWESOME!!!!!

Originally Posted by jlisi984
I have an amenity kit full of bag tags from all programmes. Used to keep them on my carry-on, now I just keep them. For what? I don't know. I like them.....
We used our old ones as tree ornaments last year.....this stuff gets conversations started.
This year we're thinking of hanging all those LH F and other fun BPs

Last edited by 24left; Apr 9, 2016 at 7:49 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
AWESOME!!!!!

We used our old ones as tree ornaments last year.....this stuff gets conversations started.
This year we're thinking of hanging all those LH F and other fun BPs
Haha I used to LOVE dangling all the tags. One (particularly good) year I had five - Delta, Cathay, Air Canada, Fairmont, and United.

Now I have a full (Etihad First) amenity kit of them. My dad takes the little metal straps and uses them for his ski equipment. Every year, with the fresh delivery, he tries to steal them off of me.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:39 am

Mine are used in various bags The latest ones are used for the carry on. But may be I should start using my Concorde tags to be different! The CP Executive Platinum is on briefcase that goes to my accountant so it does not get mixd up!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I have a super old tag currently hanging on one of my luggage. Its brownish color, but in long rectangular shape form(not in the shape of any of the ones in SAP's pic)
Any one knows what year it is from? :P
If it dates back to the 1970s it could be an enRoute Club member's tag. That was AC's by-invitation version of the current Maple Leaf Club. Members were referred by local sales managers. Provided lounge access and other priority services similar to what's provided with elite tiers. (CP's version was the Kanata Club.) It was phased out with the introduction of Aeroplan and the elite tiers in the late 1980s. CP's first tags for its Empress Club program were nice bronze metal ones (top below). The enRoute Club tag was a very thick plastic.

Name:  IMG_1443.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  491.3 KB

I have all my tags and cards since the elite tier program started, even Prestige when that tier received a luggage tag. Only use the current year ones on my bags though I've seen some travelers with a bunch of years tags dangling from their carry-ons...lots of "expired" ones on others. Below are some of the various designs for the elite tags over the years (haven't included the recent years) and also designs of the CP cards which didn't change each year. (The blue card was was Intair's Bonis program. Intair became CP's regional carrier in Quebec/central-eastern Canada.)

Name:  IMG_1444.jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  713.2 KBName:  IMG_1447.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  939.9 KB

Last edited by Shareholder; Apr 13, 2016 at 4:25 pm
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
IIRC these were issued in the mid-90s for AC's 50th anniversary year.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
I travel with my old C-Plus Presidents club Gold tag still on my bag. It had a nice proper leather strap and a big wide flat hole that never broke. Usually gets the most looks at the YYC checkin desk - - but less and less . . . . . I probably have around 15 suitcases and carry-ons between me and the Mrs. and the latest tag is always hard to find so there are just a bundle of old tags of hers and mine . . . . Plus the usual FPC Platinum tags.
Were these the bronze metal and quite classy ones or the later plastic ones?
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: AC SE 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
I travel with my old C-Plus Presidents club Gold tag still on my bag. It had a nice proper leather strap and a big wide flat hole that never broke. Usually gets the most looks at the YYC checkin desk - - but less and less . . . . . I probably have around 15 suitcases and carry-ons between me and the Mrs. and the latest tag is always hard to find so there are just a bundle of old tags of hers and mine . . . . Plus the usual FPC Platinum tags.
When I first became SE in 2010 I used to have my Canadian Airlines Executive Platinum tag under my SE tag. A particularly vindictive and bitter agent cut half of it off and I didn't notice until several days later. That was the last time I checked a bag......
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
"even Prestige when that tier received a luggage tag."
I still have one of those too, red and came with a black leather strap.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by tinchote
The tags are just that for me, so I use them when a bag needs a tag, and they stay there for years.
I'm with you - new ones go on a pile on the dresser and are used to replace old ones as they come off - could care less what year, company or program they are from. They are luggage tags for me, not "look at me" tags. I'm pretty sure I have a selection of E50, SE100k, and BA Bronze and Silver in my wife and my names on the various bags at the moment. I know for a fact she has lost one of this years SE100ks to the baggage monsters already.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes, love to be there but I cant, sorry. I am heading home now from LAX and then on Thursday I am heading to YVR.

I need to spend some time at home.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Clipper801
I still have one of those too, red and came with a black leather strap.
Never knew Prestige got luggage tags in the past. Air Canada, you can afford to give me some nice tags! Even UA gives their silver members tags these days.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
Never knew Prestige got luggage tags in the past. Air Canada, you can afford to give me some nice tags! Even UA gives their silver members tags these days.
But why? Since you don't fly that much or are low rev for the airline, maybe they should sell you the tags. Say the 2 tags cost $20 to $25 everything in, will you buy them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.