Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Stop Security

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
This absolutely isn't true at YUL, assuming you have no luggage to pick up. The OSS area has NEXUS machines and you get dumped back in to the main domestic terminal area without needing to re-clear security.
My last two times through, they would not let me through to domestic and forced me to re-clear.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:19 pm

No issue at YUL yesterday, connecting from LAX on to YOW. As noted above by Cozmo456, for domestic connections you get directed down a long narrow hall and come out by gate 51. If your connection is to another international flight, you exit directly into that section of the terminal. But no need to re-clear security in either instance.
C-FMWQ likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
My last two times through, they would not let me through to domestic and forced me to re-clear.
Where were you coming from? Not every origin qualifies for OSS.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
If you had ITD OSS on your BP, and you were connecting AC to AC (or had not checked bags) then this doesn't occur. Originally on the the US was OSS eligible, but Europe has been as well for the last year or so as well.

If you needed to re-clear you had bags on a non AC to AC connection or you were coming from a non OSS location.
run&fly and OSSYULYYZ like this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I guess you were too tired to notice. When you go down the stairs in to the main customs hall you need to keep left and left again by where the elevators are to get to the OSS domestic connections area, which bypasses having to clear security. Usually there is someone hollering about "domestic connections this way" but if it was pretty dead then maybe not.
Ahhh, that was my mistake. I went right to the NEXUS machines. I’ll try that when I’m through YUL again in a few weeks. Thanks for the help!
Old May 10, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by C-FMWQ

Ahhh, that was my mistake. I went right to the NEXUS machines. I’ll try that when I’m through YUL again in a few weeks. Thanks for the help!
Passed through YUL this morning and OSS is a lot easier than YYZ.

The hardest part about the whole experience at YUL is the signs are off to the left of the escalator when you enter the customs hall so if look straight or right you’ll probably end up going through the regular arrivals. My only other complaint is it felt like they ask to see a boarding pass every 100m but that still beats taking a bus!
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold

The hardest part about the whole experience at YUL is the signs are off to the left of the escalator when you enter the customs hall so if look straight or right you’ll probably end up going through the regular arrivals. My only other complaint is it felt like they ask to see a boarding pass every 100m but that still beats taking a bus!
Bus is almost gone @ YYZ
C-FMWQ and canadiancow like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Bus is almost gone @ YYZ
And my girlfriend is almost pregnant.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:39 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Flying ARN-BRU-YUL-YYC on Monday. A post by @YVRtoYYZ in the other OSS thread on the Canada forum suggests it's possible to get OSS on an itinerary like that with another carrier on the first leg, but in practice, anything special needed to achieve it? i.e. if I get BPs from SK, will they have ITD OSS on them for the connection at YUL? Or would I need to get new BPs from AC, either at BRU or via OLCI?

AC app says I won't need to clear security in YUL, but we all know how reliable it is.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Flying ARN-BRU-YUL-YYC on Monday. A post by @YVRtoYYZ in the other OSS thread on the Canada forum suggests it's possible to get OSS on an itinerary like that with another carrier on the first leg, but in practice, anything special needed to achieve it? i.e. if I get BPs from SK, will they have ITD OSS on them for the connection at YUL? Or would I need to get new BPs from AC, either at BRU or via OLCI?

AC app says I won't need to clear security in YUL, but we all know how reliable it is.
The important info will be the barcode on your BP for the YUL-YYC segment, which will be scanned numerous times. Whether OSS or ITD appears on them doesn't change anything. I've scanned AI, MH, ME and SU printed boarding passes and all have come back as good for ITD and none displayed anything that's not usually there.

You'll be fine.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by ls17031
The important info will be the barcode on your BP for the YUL-YYC segment, which will be scanned numerous times. Whether OSS or ITD appears on them doesn't change anything. I've scanned AI, MH, ME and SU printed boarding passes and all have come back as good for ITD and none displayed anything that's not usually there.

You'll be fine.
Agreed, same experience for me.

And if you really want an AC BP and don’t want to find one in BRU just enter BRU as your departure point and re check in on the AC app and you’ll get an electronic one on your phone with a nice little ITD OSS on it and the proper zone number too.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ridefar

And my girlfriend is almost pregnant.
Question: "Are you pregnant?" Answer: "Just a little bit." Question: "how many months?" Answer: "six months." True story, back when we lived in Brazil and our new maid showed up. A friend adopted the baby.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: AC SEMM

I've got it wrong twice at YUL! Am I correct in thinking that the trick is NOT to take the escalators down to luggage area? or does one go down and then peel off?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by visitor
I've got it wrong twice at YUL! Am I correct in thinking that the trick is NOT to take the escalators down to luggage area? or does one go down and then peel off?
Nope. In fact, one has to make a U-turn after making the first set of escalators. Or follow the purple connections signs that veers out of the main immigration hall...?
visitor likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
Nope. In fact, one has to make a U-turn after making the first set of escalators. Or follow the purple connections signs that veers out of the main immigration hall...?
Yep. It is a 180 degree turn from the first stairs/escalators. If you enter the regular line for Nexus machines you have gone too far. It is actually underneath the entry corridor (literally underneath where you are if you stand at the top of the escalators). I never found it to be well signed — it took me a couple tries too.
visitor, canadiancow and RangerNS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.