One Stop Security

Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by rehoult
Use Nexus.

The "Quick Connect" on the right side will eventually allow you to bypass security, .
Any idea when?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by D582
Any idea when?
I have no inside information, but based on building design I'd expect it to be a few years.

Unfortunately, Canadian customs is a long way from domestic. In order to do it quickly, they'd need to reserve the upstair walkway for OSS only, and remove the airline desks and transfer security station. That would be great for OSS, but would make all other transfer more difficult. AC would love it, everyone else would not.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
At YVR, aren't those things for international -> US and vice versa?

For USA -> Canada, I think you clear immigration (Nexus) and then head to the AC connections desk at the back right, near the washrooms.

Haven't you done this before going to YYJ etc?
What you're describing is not OSS.

Originally Posted by rehoult
Use Nexus.

The "Quick Connect" on the right side will eventually allow you to bypass security, but for now, it just puts you down a glass hallways that eventually exits into baggage claim, so you're no further ahead.
Sigh. Okay. Same old, same old.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
It seems that Air Canada changed its directions for flights from the States.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
It seems that Air Canada changed its directions for flights from the States.
Link bus to Terminal 1????

Is this is connecting to an airline in T1?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Stranger
Link bus to Terminal 1????

Is this is connecting to an airline in T1?
It makes no sense to me either. If you can walk to the escalator down to D20, you sure don't need a bus at that point to catch a domestic flight.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Connecting back from the U.S. through YYZ to YOW right now. Landed thinking it would be quiet at noon on a Tuesday - nope, the U.S to Canada OSS customs connection area looks like the shopping mall on Christmas Eve. Looked like there was north of 100 people in line, through the glass it looked like two agents working and of course they still have no NEXUS for OSS.

I just went downstairs, went through Customs with NEXUS in 30 seconds, and went upstairs and took a peek at second floor security before going to NEXUS security on the third floor. Second floor security has no line, so I walk up and am through there in another two minutes and at the D gates; rest of the airport is pretty quiet as you'd expect at this time of day.

I'm not sure what landed just before me, but if Pearson / Air Canada want to make this a better experience for the masses who don't know better than to skip OSS when it looks like that then they need to ensure that transit OSS can actually accommodate the load.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Inside routes in Canada still, for the most part, suck. Take the outside route.

With one or two exceptions for international to Domestic connections at airports in Canada, it is almost always better to take the regular outside route than any inside route including OSS. Most inside routes do not have Nexus and/or priority security, and typically become a bottleneck either due to one security screening line and machine, or by limited customs/passport control points.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
With one or two exceptions for international to Domestic connections at airports in Canada, it is almost always better to take the regular outside route than any inside route including OSS. Most inside routes do not have Nexus and/or priority security, and typically become a bottleneck either due to one security screening line and machine, or by limited customs/passport control points.
Well, when OSS started in YYZ this was certainly not the case, and Ive never seen it quite so bad. I guess the signage is better for it now, and people know where they are supposed to go?

I know what to do in this situation obviously, I just feel bad for the VBITs (we call them FOTSGs now?) who wouldnt know any better than to sit in that enormous lineup. And Id prefer to skip the security clear if it didnt involve such a long customs queue.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:57 am
alc

OSS @YUL

So far all 6 of my OSS @ YUL experience had been very good, from walking out from the flight (usually gate 80+ P @ YUL US area) to Domestic Gate (so far it has always been A2) with a stop at the Rapidair counter beside A1 to request a Standby for an earlier flight in about 15 min to 20 min -> all walking. I have 3 more to do, but again, so far so good.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA MM
Today, Sunday, it was a breeze from US (Transborder) gates to domestic departure. "Connection" is very clearly marked and there was also a person at the top of the stairs directing people Two agents, no line, I was through and walking to my connection in 2 minutes. Very nice and I paused to push the green smiley face button.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Today, Sunday, it was a breeze from US (Transborder) gates to domestic departure. "Connection" is very clearly marked and there was also a person at the top of the stairs directing people Two agents, no line, I was through and walking to my connection in 2 minutes. Very nice and I paused to push the green smiley face button.
And which airport was this?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
FYI YUL OSS is awesome.

Except for the stupid long walks when your flight from BOS arrives at the furthest possible gate, two days in a row, when you have 30 minutes to make your connection.

But I made it. Which tells you how much I like OSS.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
But I made it. Which tells you how much I like OSS.
At YUL.

Which is one of the "exceptions" I was alluding to upthread.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
At YUL.

Which is one of the "exceptions" I was alluding to upthread.
Yep, OSS at YUL couldnt (realistically) be better. At YYZ, not so much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.