Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Penguins in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2003, 7:57 pm
cnk
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bytepusher:
It's also worth pointing out (or perhaps not but what the heck) some penguins don't live in the cold, the ones at the Toronto zoo are called "Madagascar penguins" so I presume they are from Madagascar. They also have penguins in the courtyard at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas.</font>
The Hyatt in Maui has penguins. I believe they are African Black-Footed Penguins. There's a sign explaining that they aren't cruelly subjecting Antarctic birds to the tropical heat.

cnk

Old Jan 14, 2003, 8:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ken hAAmer:
Next time you go to a zoo with penguins, take a flashlight or laser pointer. You'll laugh yourself stupid for hours.</font>
Where do you get this stuff? I won't be able to look at a penguin the same way now.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
And besides, I don't think "Santa" fits in seat 38E.</font>
Nor in 58K 'cuz Ferrari is always hogging it.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 9:33 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
The laser pointer stuff works wonders with humans too. We spent hours (ok maybe minutes) laughing our a**es off by shining a laser pointer out of my appartment window onto the sidewalk and watching the people react to it.

Who said the AC forum was off-topic? (And I love it just the way it is!)
Old Jan 15, 2003, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by newbie elite:
The laser pointer stuff works wonders with humans too. We spent hours (ok maybe minutes) laughing our a**es off by shining a laser pointer out of my appartment window onto the sidewalk and watching the people react to it.</font>
I hope that wasn't you doing that in a hotel in Downtown Ottawa a few months back! :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.