Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Tango to Latitude - Access Maple Leaf Lounge?

Old Mar 13, 16, 12:27 am
Original Poster

I originally booked a Tango - S class fare. Yesterday I called their customer service and asked if they can put me on a different flight (there were several schedule changes to the itinerary). The rep was happy to put me on the flight I wanted.

When I checked my reservation today on aircanada.com, it shows my onward flights are on Latitude - B fare. And it says access to Maple Leaf lounges are $25 for Latitude. But when I click on "Maple Leaf Lounge" link on my reservation, it says "There are no new add-ons available for your booking. Your booking can't be enhanced any further."

Anyone know if I can purchase lounge access for $25? If yes, how?

Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 16, 12:41 am

Programs: Eupgrade4Lyfe, Gifted E50K, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.

How could that happen, IF IT REALLY Did happen you just hit the damn jackpot, assuming you have status with AC that is.

I guess you can call in and pay the $25
UPDATE: Assuming your departure city actually has MLL that is, I don't think SFO has one.

You can always request to be guested in the thread, Cow and few other SEs are based in SFO and most of them are quite nice

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Mar 13, 16 at 12:57 am
Old Mar 13, 16, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sktnyc View Post
I originally booked a Tango - S class fare. Yesterday I called their customer service and asked if they can put me on a different flight (there were several schedule changes to the itinerary). The rep was happy to put me on the flight I wanted.

When I checked my reservation today on aircanada.com, it shows my onward flights are on Latitude - B fare. And it says access to Maple Leaf lounges are $25 for Latitude. But when I click on "Maple Leaf Lounge" link on my reservation, it says "There are no new add-ons available for your booking. Your booking can't be enhanced any further."

Anyone know if I can purchase lounge access for $25? If yes, how?

Thanks.
When's your flight, what's the routing, and what lounges do you want to get into?
Old Mar 13, 16, 1:08 am
Original Poster

I guess when the agent rebooked me, only Latitude fares were available...?

I don't have any status. I am pretty sure it is Latitude fare, as I was able to select 'preferred' exit row seats.

I have around 3hr layover in YYZ and 3.5hr in FRA, 25cad for lounge access will be nice.
Old Mar 13, 16, 8:31 am

Programs: AC*E50 (*A Gold), Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, NEXUS, Global Entry
This link says you should be able to buy a lounge pass when you access your booking online, but if the link doesn't work I'd totally give AC a call. I'm not sure what you'd get in terms of access in FRA, but YYZ shouldn't be a problem.
Old Mar 13, 16, 9:53 am

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Can you even purchase lounge access for international? I thought purchased access was for the same lounges as the free passes, i.e.,domestic and TB only. If international can be purchased, then all the E35K could be doing that. I know I would have.
Old Mar 13, 16, 11:17 am

Programs: AC*E50 (*A Gold), Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyquiet View Post
Can you even purchase lounge access for international? I thought purchased access was for the same lounges as the free passes, i.e.,domestic and TB only. If international can be purchased, then all the E35K could be doing that. I know I would have.
That was the first thing that came to mind when reading the OP. However, there's no verbiage on AC's MLL page that suggests you can't buy access for an international MLL...
Old Mar 13, 16, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Jack Jia View Post
You can always request to be guested in the thread, Cow and few other SEs are based in SFO and most of them are quite nice
I should have come here earlier... just spent 7 hours waiting at SFO :P

In Chicago Terminal 3 now tho.
Old Mar 13, 16, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by ffsim View Post
That was the first thing that came to mind when reading the OP. However, there's no verbiage on AC's MLL page that suggests you can't buy access for an international MLL...
To the best of my recollection, I was not offered to buy access for YYZ-LHR (just prior to making early recognition to 50K last year) and had forgotten that I did not still have it (as I was 50K the last time I flew internationally with time for lounging.) Had to go to PP lounge instead.

The AC website is outdated - the MLL information page still says E35K can choose international lounge access as a select privilege, but the Altitude page says nothing of the kind. It does say that Flex can buy MLL access (without saying anything about dom/TB only), and although you cannot walk up and pay your way in, it says that as long as one passenger has prepurchased access, they can pay at the door for additional guests.

So, very interesting. Hope OP comes back to report.
Old Mar 13, 16, 8:28 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, PP, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ffsim View Post
I've done it in the past, as a no-status member on YOW-LHR, although it was $50/person for the MLL Arrivals Lounge at LHR. Mind you, that was 4 years ago.

This was booked through a TA though, not offered on the AC website, who was able to easily add it.
Old Mar 13, 16, 9:16 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Flying YYZ-HND in PE and was offered MLL access for $25
Old Mar 13, 16, 9:32 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Lounge access is $50 on flex and $25 on latitude/pe fares, I've done it for international in the past coming out of YYZ and LHR.

My next booked flex shows is as an option for $50, so if the website isn't offering it I'd call AC reservations and see what they can do, if it's latitude now you should be able to add it.

I'm pretty sure FRA would be a separate cost. It's not a MLL there either of course but I've used it as an AC customer before. A lot of non MLL lounges accept payment on the day too, United for example, so that might work but can be costly.
Old Mar 14, 16, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
L

I'm pretty sure FRA would be a separate cost. It's not a MLL there either of course but I've used it as an AC customer before. A lot of non MLL lounges accept payment on the day too, United for example, so that might work but can be costly.
There is now a MLL in FRA. A rather decent one at that.
Old Mar 16, 16, 12:36 am
Original Poster

I called aircanada to purchase lounge access. The rep said I can purchase lounge access only for YYZ and not for FRA, since I am connecting to Lufthansa flight from FRA. And that it would be 25USD, not CAD, for YYZ lounge access. I decided not to buy it.
Old Mar 16, 16, 12:54 pm

Programs: sqrt(-school of apologist)
At least for PE, it's been like this for as long as I can remember. (Which, granted, is not that long ago. But still. At least it sounds more dramatic this way.)

TBH, I am surprised this isn't a known fact on FT !

Maybe that's because FT is mostly split into two groups:
1) Tango
2) J

Search this Thread
Search Engine: