Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Airbus A220 (ex CSeries) Master Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Print Wikipost

Airbus A220 (ex CSeries) Master Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Noticed this item listed in the current issue of Navi magazine, pg 9 "Air Canada Fleet"

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ment/navi.html

So, do we need a new thread for the new name?
No. CS was nice while it lasted...

BTW I wonder how many Y seats they'll pack. Delta apparently crams (only?) 107 seats in theirs.

And we'll have to wait for another year. I imagine we'll end up with these on routes like YYC-YOW. Perhaps even an occasional YYC-YUL?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger

BTW I wonder how many Y seats they'll pack. Delta apparently crams (only?) 107 seats in theirs.

And we'll have to wait for another year. I imagine we'll end up with these on routes like YYC-YOW. Perhaps even an occasional YYC-YUL?
Delta has the smaller of the A220 (-100). I would expect AC's -300 to have more seats by default. How many more would be interesting.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat

YXE-YYZ is very likely.
pitz likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum

Is it wishful thinking to hope we see these on some of the really long RJ routes: YUL-DEN, YYC-IAH, etc?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Fiordland
YXE-YYZ is very likely.
YYJ-YYZ, YQR-YYZ, SEA-YYZ, YUL-YWG, YVR/YYC-YHZ, YYC/YEG-YYT. YLW-YYZ, YYC-LAX. YVR/YYZ-ANC in the summer. Could show up on ex-YYZ Caribbean flights that are a bit too much for the Rouge A319, such as YUL/YYZ-POS. YOW-YYC/YEG/YVR. LGA and ORD, of course. They'll be everywhere eventually.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Looking forward to these. With fewer E90s and the upguaging of YWG to mainly Airbus, it is bad for frequencies.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YWG-RO
Looking forward to these. With fewer E90s and the upguaging of YWG to mainly Airbus, it is bad for frequencies.
Shouln't it be with no E90s left? As to YWG, why mainly AB? Again my guess is, because the E90s are quickly disappearing, down to 19. I would think the CSeries would make sense for many YWG routes?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:19 am

Noticed this item listed in the current issue of Navi magazine
OT but where did you find the newest Navi? My little guy loves planes and loves it when I bring a Navi book home after a trip, but I’ve not seen any in seat backs or lounges in recent months.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by YEG USER

OT but where did you find the newest Navi? My little guy loves planes and loves it when I bring a Navi book home after a trip, but I’ve not seen any in seat backs or lounges in recent months.
I was told they are supposed to be in the MLLs but I never look and I'm not in the MLLs as much (except to satisfy the curiosity of the audience who want to know the State of the Tortillas )

I actually read it online thus why I posted the link

Noticed this item listed in the current issue of Navi magazine, pg 9 "Air Canada Fleet"

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ment/navi.html

Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by pitz
YYJ-YYZ, YQR-YYZ, SEA-YYZ, YUL-YWG, YVR/YYC-YHZ, YYC/YEG-YYT. YLW-YYZ, YYC-LAX. YVR/YYZ-ANC in the summer. Could show up on ex-YYZ Caribbean flights that are a bit too much for the Rouge A319, such as YUL/YYZ-POS. YOW-YYC/YEG/YVR. LGA and ORD, of course. They'll be everywhere eventually.
Good. More or these, less of the 7M8 would be good. Fly them everywhere as far as I am concerned. They are about 1000% better than the 7M8 (comparing the LX to the AC, respectively).
YUL likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I was told they are supposed to be in the MLLs but I never look and I'm not in the MLLs as much (except to satisfy the curiosity of the audience who want to know the State of the Tortillas )
I just had a look around YVR Dom, and I don't see it anywhere.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Delta has the smaller of the A220 (-100). I would expect AC's -300 to have more seats by default. How many more would be interesting.
Of course. From 107 to 130. But knowing their recent philosophy, AC might find a way to cram more Y seats?

So in between the 319 (120) and the A320 (146). Mving from E90, A319 and A320 to A223 and 7M8. Both somewhat larger. Consistent with moving further away from Montie Brewer's failed strategy.

Apart from the E90 leaving the fleet, we might see more A319s moving to Rouge?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I just had a look around YVR Dom, and I don't see it anywhere.
Exactly.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC 35k
I wonder how the IATA aircraft codes work. I thought for sure the A220-300 would be "CS3" forever and not "223" much like the Q400s were "DH4s" long after the demise of de Havilliand. Based on this I figured once an aircraft type was registered that was it, regardless of whether or not it was acquired. Guess that's not true and it really is just another Airbus.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:15 pm

Of course. From 107 to 130. But knowing their recent philosophy, AC might find a way to cram more Y seats?
So in between the 319 (120) and the A320 (146). Mving from E90, A319 and A320 to A223 and 7M8. Both somewhat larger. Consistent with moving further away from Montie Brewer's failed strategy.
Apart from the E90 leaving the fleet, we might see more A319s moving to Rouge?
What was 'failed' about Montie Brewer's strategy? The 319 was clearly too much airplane for a lot of routes -- the E75/E90 was much closer to right-sizing. The market has expanded considerably in the past 15 years, and the upgauges are only minor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.